Sunday, July 17, 2005

This is the Last Time...

...I will rename this blog. (Apologies to Keane.) I liked passionknit, but that generated a LOT of hits on Google, so I settled for passionknitter. I really liked "sereknitty" but, alas, also taken. I thought about "diviknitty" but that seriously overstates my ability. HA! So, finally, affiknitty.

Yesterday, the Husband and I took the Boys to Cedar Point which, as they are quick to remind you, has been voted the Best Amusement Park on the Planet for 7 years in a row. Whoa. Major sensory overload. I took Tivoli with me -- about an hour and a half in the car to knit. I thought about taking the knitting in the park, but at the last minute left it in the car. The knitting goddesses were smiling on me, because it rained on us about half the day. As we were leaving, there was a real soaking thunderstorm. So thus my tee was saved from certain disaster.

I'm making progress on the tee -- had to start and rip three times before I decided that the neck and shoulders would fit correctly, but I think I'm on the right track now. I am about to bind off for the sleeves. When I have made more progress, I'll post pictures.

2 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Hi, Laura!

Just visiting your blog to say thanks for coming over my way to read my very first post. (I just posted again with some real knitting content this time :-) I love your blog name by the way...it's super original! I also happened to major in English lit as well (so much that I decided to pursue the highly-remunerative occupation of English grad student). And, I too am year of the Rooster. What else do you need in common with a person, huh? Knitting and roosters. Sounds like a great start to me.

12:18 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Can't wait to see your t! I love cedar point...I haven't been in years. I think it is about 4 hours from Windsor...maybe it's time I take the kids...and hubby!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home