Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Two for the price of one

I have two FO's to show you. First, Grumperina's Tivoli. This is knit in Berrocco Denim Silk. It took me 4 balls plus a little of a fifth one to make a sweater with a 32" finished bust. I tried it on last night and no sagging! I am totally thrilled with how it turned out. So, so, so much better than the Ballet T-shirt. It is really flattering. Kudos to you, Grumperina! I also really liked this fiber. After using it, I think I know what people mean when they talk about a yarn having a crunchy hand. That sounds awful, but actually is really nice. It was pleasant to knit with, didn't split, or make your hands hurt like some non-wool fibers do.
And I also finished another project that I found blog stalking, Glampyre's One Skein Wonder. What a fun little project! Who doesn't need a little shruglette? Now I must say that I used Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk, and I needed two balls. Also, the pattern states that if your shoulder measures in half inches (mine was 13.5), then you should make one size down. I did that, and I wish I had gone up. This one's quite small on me. I'll definitely knit this pattern again, for myself (why not black? ivory? pink?) and others. The fiber is, frankly, to die for. It made me want to drive around to every LYS in the area and hoard, hoard, hoard. It is so soft and light, just beautiful. It is a little splitty, but not so that you have to take tremendous care. I could still knit without looking at every stitch.
Hey...don't these colors look amazing together?? Ok, now that I look at that closeup, the rib is a little embarassing. I hate that one big knit stitch. And, yes, I try to do the next purl tighter, but it doesn't seem to help.
So, Le Mari and I are going up to western Massachusetts this weekend for the wedding of my best friend, Kara. I am actually the, gulp, Matron of Honor. I hate that title. Why can't I be the Best Woman? This is going to be an all-around amazing trip, and not just because I will be seeing my best friend get married. No, two other factors make it really promising.
1. My Little Guys are staying home with Grandma and Grandpa.
2. We are driving. About ten hours each way. Think of all the knitting!
Next week...pictures from the Pioneer Valley.

2 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

I love knitting on the drive! Your FO's look awesome! Beautiful colours.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Lovely job on your One Skein Wonder! I am so looking forward to finishing mine now...I just started it last night and after a couple of hours of knitting this morning, I'm almost done with the body! Although, I'm kind of confused as to what Stefanie means by "shoulder bone." Is that supposed to be the furthest reach of your shoulder (is that the clavicle?)? Or is she talking about the shoulder blades? Anyway, seeing your FO makes me anxious to have my own!

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home