Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Big Reveal

Here they are... after much procrasinating and at this point requiring overnight mail to make it to California by my nieces' birthday...the Mini-OSWs. Not matchy-matchy, because M & T are not the matchy sort of twins, if you know what I mean. At three years and 363 days, they are definitely asserting their individuality. You go, girls!
As I mentioned before, I made these in Bernat Cotton Tots. I bought two pink skeins, one white, and one variegated. After making four mini-shrugs, I still have LOTS of yarn left over. I think I can safely say without violating Stefanie's copyright, that I followed her pattern except that I cast on 24 stitches, worked increases until I thought the shoulder width was appropriate for the little girl in question, and then picked up a (more or less) appropriate number of stitches for the ribbing. I achieved the appropriate gauge for the pattern using size 8 needles for the main part and size 5 for the trims.
And now, on to the Weasleys... Yay!


3 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

Very cute! They look great.

10:20 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, those are so cute! I can just picture little 4-year-olds prancing around in their new shrugs. Kids are SO fashionable these days! LOL! :)

11:27 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Nice work! They look very cute, and I'm sure the girls will love them.

9:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home