Thursday, September 08, 2005

I've Been RAK'd!!


Chrissy (AKA sevenby30) from the Knitty coffeeshop sent me this amazing RAK package today. I was seriously excited to get something fun in the mail. Two lovely boxes of organic tea, and two bars of organic chocolate -- one is milk chocolate (yum!) and one is an intriguing blend of dark chocolate, lime and macadamia nuts. Sounds delicious and it took a major act of willpower not to rip the wrapping off and snarf the whole thing down in seconds! Also two great looking books -- I'm always looking for a good read! And last but certainly not least, the yarn. I had said on my wishlist that I would love to have partial balls of yarn, so that I can try before I buy. Chrissy obliged with some Rowan All Seasons Cotton (grey), Berroco Pleasure (cream) and, sigh, Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino (green). I already have serious fiber lust for the Baby Cashmerino. Thanks again Chrissy! You made my day!

In other knitting news since this afternoon, I have frogged the Tubular Camisole. Remember I said I had the right gauge? Well, I lied. Checked again and Way, Way Off. Part of my problem is that there are no measurements on the pattern and the sizing is a little strange. I was making the size for a 34-36 inch bust (I'm a 35), and she said that the pattern incorporated a couple inches of ease. (What does a couple of inches of ease mean when you are already talking about a range of actual bust sizes?) So when I measured the width across the top and saw that it was 18 inches on one side, I figured that was about right. But, as I mentioned before, something seemed wrong. So I checked my gauge again by just measuring one inch of sts in various places, saw that I was off, and took the darn thing off the needles. It still measured 36 inches around but it became evident that that is way too big for a camisole. So R.I.P., Tubular Camisole. I'll come back to this someday, after I finish some of these KALs that Amanda keeps roping me into.

2 Comments:

Blogger knittinmom said...

I'm so glad you liked the little gifts! Believe me, that chocolate almost didn't make it in the box... Enjoy!!!

Chrissy

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Laura - sorry, but I got tagged, and I'm tagging you next. The questions are on my blog. Have fun!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home