Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Knitalongs

I'm chugging along on my knitalong projects, but I can feel it coming on again. The urge to start a new project. Maybe it's just the urge to get something finished!

I have some Wool-Ease Chunky that I thought I would use for my Kepler, but after swatching, I realized that to get anywhere near the right gauge, the resulting fabric would be really dense and inflexible. Maybe good for mittens or hats, but not an indoor sweater. So I'm kind of at a loss on that project right now.

The Tubular Camisole is coming along OK, but I'm about to finish the main section of stockinette, bobbles and eyelets, and begin a big section of 3x2 rib. I can't say that I'm really looking forward to that part of the project. (This isn't a KAL, but I couldn't wait to wear it!)

I've also made some progress on J's Weasley. I'm knitting it in the round to the armholes, then dividing for back and front and working those flat. I'll probably do the sleeves in the round too. I'm about halfway up to the armholes. I really like the Felted Tweed. The name of this yarn is unfortunate. It gives one the idea that the FO will be complete with pilling on day one. But it doesn't look like that at all, and I think it's going to make a nice, lightweight but warm sweater.

Knit the Classics is another fun group that I joined. Every month, the group reads a literary novel and each knitter chooses her own project to work on during the month. So I need to pick my project. Since I already have a number of big projects going, I want to pick something small. I've been kind of intrigued by the idea of fingerless gloves or mitts that I could wear over a thin pair of gloves. This is something I would definitely wear often. (My steering wheel gets very cold in winter.) The book this month is The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro, which I have read, but am looking forward to revisiting!

Off to try and finish something...or at least start something else!

2 Comments:

Blogger Glaistig said...

Laura, I am so-o-o impressed and inspired by the projects you have going on right now! Lately, it seems like all I can do is just LOOK at patterns in knitting magazines and books....

6:11 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Your post has given me the courage to post my Sophie bag tonight. LOL! It's almost done (working on straps), but I feel like such a dork because I really need to finish the second fingerless glove and start on my Kepler! I should have known fellow knitters would understand. . . :)

Sorry to hear about your Kepler. Hope you find a new yarn soon! :)

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home