Friday, September 09, 2005

Tag, I'm It

Christine, my Midwest Knitters neighbor, tagged me with this, so here goes:

Ten years ago: I was moving from Washington, DC to Charlottesville, VA to begin law school. I was coming off a string of unfortunate dating relationships, a few of which were bad and short and one of which (the previous year) was great fun but too short. I met my husband that year, but we didn't start dating until the next year. During that fall, I spent most of my time stressed out, studying, drinking coffee and smoking!

Five years ago: I had been married for two years, and I had just had my older son. I had quit my job as a corporate tax attorney to stay home with him. I was constantly breastfeeding and worrying about my abilities as a mother. LOL! I was living in DC again, in the most awesome pre-war apartment building right next door to the National Zoo. S and I walked everywhere: to the grocery store, Starbucks, the zoo and the library and took the metro to museums (well, he was in a stroller). It was great. This year I started knitting again after not having knit since college.

One year ago: I had two boys, S and J, ages 4 and 1. I had moved to Cleveland. Still at home with the kids, managing my older son's autism therapies. Knitting a lot as my own therapy! This is basically what I am still doing, though my kids are one year older and now I'm blogging too!

Five snacks: ice cream, salt & pepper potato chips, chocolate covered pretzels, dried cherries, Take 5 candy bars

Five songs I know all the words to: Let's Stay Together by Al Green; Kathy's Song by Simon & Garfunkel (actually almost any song by Paul Simon); Manha de Carnaval by Luis Bonfa; Slave to Love by Bryan Ferry; Too Marvelous for Words by Johnny Mercer

Five things I would do with $100 million: Pay off my mortgage and G's law school debt; fund S and J's educations; create foundation to give money away; help fund behavioral, educational and biomedical interventions for needy kids with autism; buy apartment in Paris (do I have enough for all that?)

Five places to run away to: Paris; St. John USVI; Salvador, Brazil; Yellowstone National Park; London

Five things I would never wear: extremely low-rise jeans or pants; anything bright orange (coral is ok); a tattoo; a ring in my navel; black lipstick

Five favorite TV shows: The Mary Tyler Moore Show (all-time favorite); Law and Order (the original and SVU); Frasier; Numbers and The Closer (current favorites)

Five biggest joys: My family; knitting; reading; writing; faith

Five favorite toys: Needles and yarn; Sirius satellite radio; music collection; DVD player; Blockbuster online subscription

Five people to pass this on to: Olga, my fellow lefty; Amanda, my knitting soul sister; Kathy, who is Kaffeinated; Wendy, my other Midwest Knitters neighbor & a fellow Knit the Classics member; and Carolyn, who is an inspiration!

2 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

OMG! My first meme! (I don't know if I *know* five bloggers personally to tag, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.)

Ha, Laura! Your five things you'd never wear...can you imagine me sitting here wearing all five at the same time?! Just kidding, although I do own an orange sweater, most of my jeans are low-rise (the only kind to fit my big a**), I have a tattoo, and I once had my navel pierced (it never really healed, so I just took it out. That was sad!).

Oddly enough, I have never worn black lipstick, in spite of the whole New Wave phase I went through in the 80s, where I listened to DM's Black Celebration and the Cure's Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me album over and over.

11:18 AM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

Tagged me did you! Ok, I will get on it...and inspiration...I love that I have inspired someone! Thank you.

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home