Thursday, September 08, 2005

UFO Invasion

So here's the progress on the Tubular Camisole. I swear, my gauge is measuring five sts to the inch. But is it me, or does this look ginormous? It's hard to see in this picture, while it's on the circulars, but the lace and bobble pattern is pretty cool. It sort of has a turn of the (20th) century Vienna secessionist feel to it. Or maybe I just have an overactive imagination. Honestly, I'm sort of getting bored with this project, and I haven't even started the four and a half inches of ribbing.

And here is J's Weasley. It looks great, so far. I really like this Felted Tweed. After the Cotton Tots, it felt like sock yarn. But it is knitting up pretty quickly on my size six needles. I'm getting close to the point where I will divide for the front and back. I need to do some more planning about the placement of the letter on the front, and the size of the letter, so I'll probably do the back first. It's nice and soft, to me at least. My biggest fear right now is that J will refuse to wear it. Being two and all.
Finally, I found yarn for Kepler! Woo-hoo! I was really hoping to use something from the stash. Oh well... I found some Cascade 220 at one of my LYS's for a great price. Ever since seeing Wendy's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan, I have been obsessed with the idea of having a merlot-colored sweater. (Or, rather, a pinot noir-colored sweater. Because at affiknitty, we don't drink any effing merlot.) Heathery green might have shown off the cable band a little better. But I. Love. This. Color. I've done one repeat of the cable pattern and, I haven't hardly sworn at all. Sweet!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

with this stuff it is now possible for you to work from home and forget about your boss and commuting forever. Take control and make your own future while you still have the time

4:40 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, I love the pinot color! :) *We're pinot noir drinkers here in OR, too. . . The Weasley yarn is seriously fantastic, as well. I went looking today for yarn for the Azkaban scarf (my Weasley contribution), but came back empty handed. For the scarf that is--I scored big on some 40% off sock yarn. LOL!

p.s. Damn the comment spammers!

5:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yes, damn the comment spammers! And whatever is wrong with my PC that is preventing me from seeing the damn trash can icon!

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home