Saturday, November 05, 2005

Cover Your Head!

I've been talking about it and talking about it, so I finally did it. I set up a blog for a hats Knitalong!

Hats are fun to knit. If cold weather is coming to your corner of the world, you really ought to be wearing one. And they make an awesome holiday gift. So if you'll be knitting hats at all over the next few months, join!

This is a low-pressure, no-rules type KAL. Just send me an email at knitterlaura at yahoo dot com or comment here and I will send you a blog invite.

Also needed ... buttons for the KAL and more links to hat patterns. Send 'em along!

Hope to see you knitting hats!

9 Comments:

Blogger MiniLaura said...

ahh! I just finished a hat and I have no hat plans in the near future. oh well, maybe I'll join you in the next one.

5:09 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

[Puts down WIP "Flowers on a Grave" hat to type] Groovy! A hatalong! Please send me an invite (fochik hotmail dot com). I'm beginning to think that I'm a "hat knitter" in the same way some folks are "sock knitters." Knitting Pattern Central has a nice hat compilation at www.knittingpatterncentral.
com/directory/hats.php

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, me me! I'm practially in a hat frenzy right now but haven't been posting them yet. Do you need an email or just my (never used anymore) blogger ID to add me? My blogger ID is geekyknitter, the email address it's under is geekyknitter at gmail dot com.

I can make a button when I have time, too.

Yay!

5:32 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

I'm in! I just bought yarn for a new hat for me.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I'd love to join! I've got several hats in progress as we speak!

9:02 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Look at your initiative- what an awesome idea!! I just wish I could think of some use for a hat here in balmy Hawaii. :-P I'm having such Socktoberfest withdrawal and I've been looking for another KAL. I'll look over my Christmas list again tonight and see if there's anyone on the mainland who might be able to use a hat...I'm hoping I can join your KAL!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have several holiday hats that need to be knit, so please count me in. Perhaps I'll be inspired.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Sami said...

I would love to join this KAL - it will be my first one! About 70% of what I knit are hats, so this one is perfect for me.

- Savida

10:14 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Laura,
I'd like to join. Do helmetliners count?

susan
susiesheffpie130@yahoo.com

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home