Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Crazed, Deadline-Driven Knitting Abandoned

One of these days I will post pictures again. It's just that all I have to show is a (slightly) longer cable band. I'm encountering that knitting phenomenon where you knit and knit and knit and then you measure and it's only half an inch longer than it was when you picked it up. Waah. It's about as likely that I'll get this sweater done by tomorrow as it is my young commenter will get a prom date. (Sorry. That was mean.) Anyway, I'm going to keep plugging along. I was hoping to have lots of knitting time this weekend, but G says that he will almost certainly have to work a lot this weekend. Ah, the law is a jealous mistress, as they say. So we'll see how much knitting gets done.

Various other business: Miss McSpazz, I am going to the Coldplay concert with my husband. Unless he has to work or something (see above), and then I'll have to find someone else. Glaistig wants to go, but she would have to fly in. Today is Minty's birthday, so go wish her a Happy Day! New Affiknitty banner above, thanks to Kim! She told me (the HTML idiot) exactly what to do. She has a cool blog, so drop by.

Also, I've been meaning to do this for a while. The earthquake in Pakistan and India left devastation on a scale that is enormous, yet there has been little media attention given to the disaster. Winter is coming and millions of people are homeless. Sadly, relief efforts have received only a fraction of the aid that is needed. Maybe it's "empathy fatigue" but people have not responded in the way that they did for the tsunami last December, or for Katrina. A kind knitblogger, Jessica, has set up a blog to raise money for the earthquake victims. If you can, please stop by and make a donation. Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I'll be thinking of you knitting sisters while I'm counting my blessings.

7 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Don't let that slow going sweater drag you down. As they say, slow and steady wins the race. It will be done soon, and will look wonderful and have been worth all the (slow) hard work!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Thanks for sending such great birthday vibes my way, Laura! The new banner looks great.

Happy Thanksgiving!

10:55 AM  
Blogger kim said...

Your banner is awesome! Thanks for the shout out...I'm going to have a smile on my face all day!

Happy Thanksgiving!

11:22 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

The new banner rocks! Nice job! :)

11:38 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

Very nice! Love the banner. I'm going to have to figure out a cool one for my blog...nothing like a little healthy jealousy to light a fire underneath you! ;-)

Happy thanksgiving, chica!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Hee, hee, I get off early today so maybe I can make it? :) The banner is classic.

Happy Turkey Day!

1:32 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your new banner is beautiful! Thank you for mentioning the earthquake relief fund. It is such a sad commentary on our society that almost no media attention has been given to a disaster that has affected millions of people... Knitters care! :-)

Hope you get to squeeze in some knitting some this weekend. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Laura!! :-)

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home