Thursday, November 03, 2005

FO! FO!

I have a book on my shelf entitled 100 One-Night Reads, edited by the venerable bibliophile Clifton Fadiman. The idea is, of course, that all the books featured within could be finished in an evening of dedicated reading. Sure. Obviously, Mr. Fadiman had no small children when he compiled this list.

I'm even more skeptical of "two-hour" knitting projects. I am a slow knitter, for starters, plus these claims always strike me as cynical marketing. But Ann Budd said that you could finish these mitts in an evening, and wouldn't you know it, even I could do it.

Diana is right. These are so comfy. I may never, ever take them off. I will very likely make more, so I can coordinate with all possible outfits and moods.

Pattern: Fingerless Mitts by Ann Budd, in Weekend Knitting
Yarn: Less than one skein of Sirdar Snuggly Chunky, a surprisingly nice but discontinued 45% acrylic-55% nylon yarn that's been lying around in my stash forever
Gauge and Needles: 4 sts per inch on size 8 Clover bamboo circs

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great googly-moogly, woman! That is some INSANELY fast knitting. They look very comfortable and stylish, too!

12:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are exactly what I need! And fast? That's good.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Those came out wonderful!!! I've been craving fingerless gloves more and more lately (probably because everyone seems to be knitting them). I'm a slow knitter too . . . very slow. But I also own Weekend Knitting. I think I see a great project for Saturday!!!!

6:41 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

what a great quick knit! No wonder fingerless gloves are so popular with knittings.

Good job!

9:18 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Neat! You know, I never really saw the appeal of these things until I tried knitting in fall/winter. Now I need some to keep my hands toasty! :) Good to know there's a quick pattern out there.

11:58 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Fantastic mitts!! I love that color and they look so warm and comfy. The way you crank out these FO's, I'm wondering if you ever sleep. :-) Simply amazing.

1:38 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

great mitts and perfect for the unpredictable cleveland weather. and don't you just love that weekend knitting book? last minute knitted gifts also has some great quick knits, great for cleaning out your stash, too.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Gotta love the FO FOs. They really do look comfy. And I forgot to mention before that the Weasley sweater looks great on J.

5:58 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

Nice! I just got Weekend Knitting. I'm glad to hear these actually take only little time. Yours came out beautifully!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home