Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

Well, in knitting news, I am finishing up J's Weasley. I am knitting the sleeves down from the armholes, and have one done. I also have done the neck, because I am dying to be finished with this. I am fairly certain that this sweater has soaked up all sorts of bad juju. Big fear: it will be too small. Attempts to try the sweater on the recipient have been a total failure. J will not touch this garment for love or money. I am hoping against hope that when it is finished, he will fall in love with it and it will be big enough for him to wear through this winter. Keep your fingers crossed for me, or if you're the sort, send charms this way.

Once I get my name in red on Alison's blog, I'm thinking of joining another KAL. Maybe Warm Hands. But my boys really need hats. I'm thinking hat-along.

4 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

You're such a nice mom. No coaxing or asking here- pure threats, baby! You put it on OR ELSE. Evil mom that I am, I think B and S fear that my OR ELSE is probably worse than anything they could possibly imagine. ;-) I'm sure J will love his sweater once it's done. Good luck on finishing- sounds like you're close to being done!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hope weslwy fits !!! crossing my fingers:) a hat knit a long... i am apart of the seamans hat one..look it up on my profile if your interested....

10:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have faith! Everyone I've been following has found the Weasley to be ginormous, so perhaps all will be well. I'm impressed that you're done!

12:08 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Yay for being almost done!

Oh, Aaron wouldn't try on his blue cardy, either. Made me nuts! When I finally got him into it he was still squirming too much for me to see if it fits right. *sigh*

I'm definitely up for a hat-along (I checked out Catherine's Watch Cap along and someone's already posted a toddler-sized version). We can join that one, or find another pattern we like and start our own. . . what do you think? (If you want to discuss patterns, feel free to email me: amandawoodruff (at) gmail (dot) com)

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home