Thursday, November 03, 2005

No Magic Here


...but the Weasley is done. Here it is, being modeled by J, who is charmingly scratching his nose and has a lovely bruise on his eyebrow from tripping and hitting some piece of furniture. It's times like these I wish I had Photoshop.

Erica assured me that other knitters were finding their Weasleys to be ginormous. No doubt those knitters were using the Rowan pattern. Pas moi. No, no...I had to have a knit-in-the-round-to-the-armholes pattern, and used Sweater Wizard. I entered his actual chest measurement, as instructed, and my gauge, and chose "oversize" for fit -- and this is what I got. D$%* Sweater Wizard!

As you can see, it just fits. Anyhow, it's fine for now, but I have lots of Felted Tweed left over, so I may at some point pick up stitches at the bottom and make it longer. But the good news is, he likes it and didn't fuss at all when I put it on for the photo shoot. Here are the details, for those who like to have them:

Pattern: My own/Sweater Wizard Knit-in-the-Round Weasley
Yarn: About 2.5 balls of Rowan Felted Tweed in Midnight, plus a little bit of Coffee to make the initial
Gauge: 5 sts per inch, using various size 6 needles

A really good mommy would have started on S's Weasley. But I'm really just a "good enough" mommy, so I'm going to work on a few other things first. S and J both need hats, as I mentioned yesterday. I recently acquired this book and now visions of Fair Isle hats dance in my head. Amanda also found this kid's chullo hat -- cute! Anyone else interested in hats?

Also, I've been thinking about the fingerless mitts in Weekend Knitting for quite some time now. I saw glowing reviews of these mitts on Diana's blog, so I can wait no longer. The fingerless mitts are under way!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO. CUTE. MUST EAT CHEEKS OF BABY. (And the sweater looks great, too.) I'm blown away by how quickly you finished it.

If I may suggest a hat, everyone here has fallen in love with "Kim's Hats" from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts (do italic html tags work on blogger?), as they are easy-peasy and infinitely customizable. Moms across the northern suburbs of Chicago have demanded the pattern, and small girls squeal with delight.

Great work on the Weasley!

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weasley and the boy child are both excellently done!!! Very cute on both counts.

8:47 PM  
Blogger chris said...

J's Weasley looks fantastic! And I know you wanted an oversized-fit, but it fits him so perfectly- such a beautiful fit. Like it was knit just for him. Which, of course, it was. :-) He is such a cutie, too. Those cheeks!! And you are way more than a "good enough" mommy- look at how many projects you have in the queue for the boys! Great job on the sweater.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Oh, it's absolutely perfect! And so is he. :-) Does he look like you?? I want to say yes, but I've only seen pictures, so I don't really know...Anyway, you deserve a break between Weasleys. I know how ready you were to finish this one!

10:14 PM  
Blogger alison said...

Awwwww, so cute! And hooray for no fussing while he's wearing it! Great letter too, by the way. :)

10:33 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, that is fabulous--and what a cutie! I'm so glad he allowed you to put it on him. *smirk*
You know, even though you wanted it oversized (and thank goodness you told the Wizard that, or just think!), it fits him so well this way. It really does look good.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Congrats on finishing! I want to eat his cheeks too, child cannibal that I am. Adorable et parfait.

5:30 PM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

So cute. He looks adorable in it...hurray for an Fo!

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home