Sunday, November 06, 2005

The To-Knit List

First of all, thanks everyone for the nice comments about both the Weasley and the Boy. It turned out pretty well, though I learned a few things for the next one. The Boy has turned out exceptionally well so far, if I don't say so myself! And yes Olga, he does look like me. Well, like a red-haired baby boy version of me. (As I have said before, J's red hair is from God, and mine is from Nick at the salon.)

I have been knitting hats this weekend, and am pretty close to having two designs done! I need to iron out a few things and then I am going to post the details at Cover Your Head, and the patterns on my patterns blog.

Carla posted a knitting to-do list for this weekend. I had to laugh, because I recently made a little to-do list of my own. It included my current WIPs, some of which have since been finished, and some things which I really needed to knit, like hats for the boys and sweaters for S, including his Weasley. But the fun part of the list was what I called "Want to Knit." Carla inspired me to share it. In no particular order...

1. Various Scarf Style projects: Vintage Velvet (not in Touch Me), Forbes Forest (here's Grumperina's), Backyard Leaves (Carolyn's gorgeous one).
2. Jaywalker socks in Koigu
3. Elfine socks
4. River in KidSilk Haze
5. Flower Basket Shawl from IK (here's Olga's lovely one!)
6. Clapotis (need to find a good yarn substitute)
7. More Log Cabin socks for my mom and dad, and me
8. Socks from Knitting on the Road: Friday Harbor, Conwy
9. Fingerless gloves from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
10. Knitted flowers from Handknit Holidays (inspired by Carolyn!)

There are plenty of other things as well, but this is more than enough to keep me busy for awhile. If you have knit any of these patterns, and have good or bad things to say about them, I'd love to hear about it. Any advice about what I should start first?

6 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

You have some knitting to do! That is a short list, I won't list mine because I think it would go into my archives automatically! That scarf I did is actually from a vogue magazine...it looks alot like backyard leaves, which I did do last year. Anyway, I think I have the info on my blog, but if you can't find the pattern, let me know I can mail you my copy of the mag.
The flowers are great, I just picked up some pin backings to attach to them!

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For great ideas for clapotis yarn substitutions, check out the 2005 clapotisknitalong. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Clapotisknitalong2005/
There is a very long list of what has and hasn't worked in the database section.

I too am planning on using Knitpicks Sock Garden for my first clapoits. I just ordered it and I look forward to its arrival.

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for you to do River first because it is so gorgeous! I have made the Conwy socks. I did not do the decreases because I didn't like how it broke up the cable design. I can email you the changes if you'd like. You have lots of great knitting on your list!

5:32 PM  
Blogger chris said...

You have some beautiful stuff on your list. I've been wanting to knit a flowerbasket shawl, too. That backyard leaves is gorgeous as well. I'm glad I saw Courtney's comment about potential Clapotis yarn substitutions. I'll definitely be checking that site out soon!

5:48 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

So, funny, my knitting soul sister. I, too, recently made a project list. I'll have to post it tonight. :)

6:57 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

at kpixie i saw in their newsletter blog that someone did clapotis using karaoke. i LOVE that yarn, so soft and warm and the colorways are fantastic.

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home