Monday, December 05, 2005

Baby, It's Cold Outside

For those of you suffering through 80-degree December days (that's you, Olga), here are some wintry pictures. We've got wagons-full of snow here in Cleveland! Needless to say, the charming center-hall colonial is Chez Affiknitty.

I've been blithely knitting away on my Jaywalkers with Sock Landscape. I must say they look pretty cool. But it only occurred to me to check the yardage requirements on the pattern after I knit about 5 inches worth of sock. I am not going to have enough to knit full-sized Jaywalkers. Jaywalkettes it is, I guess, which sounds more like a civic organization for ladies who lunch than a cool pair of socks.

I made some good progress on the KepLaura too. I've done the waist shaping and am increasing for the bust. I think it's downhill from here.

Today J and I went to the bookstore and I picked up a copy of Vogue Knitting's new magazine, Knit Simple. I was going to post a quick review, but my general reaction is bleh. I'd rather go knit.

11 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

Yeah...I looked through Knit Simple at our local Ben's (I shop there so much, we're on a first name basis), and I'd have to agree with you...

Your house looks so beautiful...One of those Christmas-card houses.

Jaywalkettes....you crack me up.

3:31 PM  
Blogger kim said...

oh hey...new Knitty is up

3:32 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Chez Affiknitty looks quite lovely in the snow. Hmm. . . I'll have to check out a copy of the new mag.

I'm glad you're going downhill from now on your Kepler. I am assuming the downhill is the "good" kind!

3:44 PM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

I haven't seen Knit Simple. I'll have to check it out, but if you weren't thrilled, I probably won't be either.

80 degree weather went away yesterday. It made me happy. :-)

5:41 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

The new IK came today! Woo hoo! And the new Knitty is up! Happy day!

The snow looks so pretty. Your house looks like George Banks' house in the new Father of the Bride. You know, with our favorite wild and crazy guy!

So long to 80 degrees. It's going down into the low 30s tonight. We've got some insane weather down here. At least you all are consistent!

1:47 AM  
Blogger chris said...

Oh, I'm envious!! Look at all that beautiful, snowy goodness! I know, I know, Karen's already told me that my adoration is misguided, but it just *looks* so beautiful, I can't help myself. I'm actually breaking out the socks tonight, as it's dipped down into the 60's (!!) here, Brrr!

I cracked up at your Jaywalkettes debutante comment. I envisioned Sondheim somehow incorporating a Jaywalkettes chorus in Sweeney Todd's "Here's to the Ladies Who Lunch." What a very macabre association for some cool socks! :-)

6:13 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

Might i say that chez affiknitty is a lovely home :) i was thinking of doing kepler, saw the directions for the ragalan kepler, might have to do it!!!! it was 80 degrees here in texas on sat... but know it is in the 40's and 50's !!! YES! winter is finally here!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yet another knitting mag? Wow, I guess knitting is really the "in" thing to do right now.

9:47 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Ah, snow. . . they thought we might get some last week but, alas, we didn't. It would have been really early in the season for it to happen here, but I was sort of looking forward to it. :) Your house is beautiful!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Jillio said...

SnooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooWWWWWW!!!! :D

jaywalkettes. hahaha! sounds like the name of a cheerleading team...?? idk.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for the vicarious snow!! We're having a "cold snap", it's in the 60's today. I can't help but get a bit irritated when the local weather guy tells us to bundle up.

I can't wait to see the "Jaywalkettes" . With all that snow you could use them!

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home