Monday, December 19, 2005

Extreme Closeup, and a Meme

I just couldn't stand it any longer. I bought this gorgeous handpainted sock yarn from Jessie at A Piece of Vermont and it was sitting there by my Knitting Corner, tempting me. After my first (unsuccessful) attempt at the Rib and Cable Socks from the Fall IK with Sock Landscape, I knew that Jessie's yarn would be perfect! I think I was right! It's super cuddly merino in what I would call a beautiful range of wintry blues with a little lavender, pink and white. So, so pretty.

Here's another shot of the Rib and Cables in progress, at the Happiest Place on Earth. No, not Disneyland, but my knitting corner. I have enjoyed seeing others' posts on the "Where Do You Knit?" meme, so I thought I'd play along. If I were being totally honest, I'd also have a picture of the driver's seat of my car. I do more than a little knitting at stop lights! Sad, sad. Some of the stash lives here, along with my embarrassingly huge collection of knitting books.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to see my yarn in progress! I'm glad you're enjoying it.

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks are great -- and the knitting corner looks heavenly! Glad to see you've surfaced from your Oceanic Flight of Fancy.

9:27 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Your socks look wonderful, Laura! I LOVE the yarn you're using- such a beautiful, serene colorway. I'm going to have to check out that link now. ;-) The yarn looks great in the Rib and Cable pattern, too. The Happiest Place on Earth sure looks cozy- perfect moniker, too! I'm so envious of your knitting book collection. I have just about the same amount of books...but they're all due back at the library on the 23rd. ;-) BTW, I love the color of your walls!

2:53 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

That is some delectable looking yarn!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

No shame in lots of knitting books!

8:32 AM  
Blogger MiniLaura said...

where?! I don't see a huge collection of knitting books ???

:)

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Hey, you can never have too many knitting books!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

That is beautiful sock yarn. Perfect for that pattern. Your knitting spot looks so cozy. Makes me want to go home and knit!

12:42 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oooooohhhh. . . such pretty socks!

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

That yarn is a beautiful choice for those socks! I wouldn't have thought to look for something light colored. Gorgeous!

7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home