Thursday, December 08, 2005

Kindred Souls

Is it Thursday already? Must be time for Three Blogs! Here are ones I always enjoy.

1. The Knitting Glaistig. The cool thing about the knitblogosphere is that you can "meet" people that you would instantly hit it off with in person, if you didn't live in, say, Cleveland, and the other person in, say, Colorado. That would be Glaistig! She knits the cutest stuff ever. She has been known to produce yarn p*rn on demand. And you have to admire a knitter whose goal is world domination. Plus, she understands the restorative power of expensive booze, cosmetics, and yarn -- preferably all in the same day.

2. Bulldog Knits. In addition to being my partner in crime, she is also a Knitting Soul Sister. We are frequently drawn to the same projects. She is careful about poultry, even knitted poultry, making sure that it is "cooked." She suffers from startitis, just like me. We were sorted into the same house! And she doesn't just knit, she's a Knitter. You know, the sort of person who would vacation at a working fiber farm.

3. Geeky Knitter. Deety is a Helpful Blogger. She provides wicked tutorials for the techno-idiots. She writes great knit-related reviews of books, magazines, etc. Here's a woman who can put together some rockin' Halloween costumes. Her husband is a total knitting enabler, in the very best way.

Check 'em out!

4 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

I am honored, Laura! I get a little giddy when I'm mentioned in someone else's blog. *grin*
I am so glad that we knitting soul sisters found each other. And even more glad that I'm not the only one in a constant battle with her startitis! You are a comfort and an inspiration. Thank you. :) --Amanda

6:08 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Aww, Laura, you are too kind! I am also giddy when a fellow knitter mentions me. It really made my day to read your gracious "snapshot." You write every post with such great elan. Visitez moi en Colorado. Nous boirons du Cointreau et acheterons beaucoup de yarn! Thank you ~ Carla/Glaistig

7:45 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I always look forward to your 3 Blog Thursday...more great blogs to check out! Thanks! :-)

9:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you totally just made my night. It's so nice to hear that my rambling is even a little bit helpful to someone! I always enjoy checking out your links to others, and being included makes me feel kind of like one of the cool kids! To my not-always-so-inner dork, that is more gratifying than you can know. ;)

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home