Saturday, December 31, 2005

Knitting Along

Well, it's the last day of the year. Honestly, next to Halloween, New Year's is my least favorite holiday. It seems so...arbitrary. And I'm not a partier, so I'll be spending tonight like every other night -- sitting on the couch watching TIVO'd episodes of Law and Order and knitting. If I can stay awake.

However, I feel as though the New Year requires some sort of taking stock, or planning for next year, or the like. So I'll be thinking about that and posting something in the next day or two.

In the meantime, I want to put in a plug for Jennifer's new knitalong, What's Your Skein? What a totally cool concept -- everyone will be knitting things that require just one skein of yarn. There should be lots of great solutions for those leftover skeins on the blog, so join the fun!

6 Comments:

Blogger kim said...

I love the new banner background!!

Hey...I'm with you...nothing says nirvana like a sitting on the couch with my bottomless cup of coffee, watching a Law and Order marathon and knitting.

And USA channel has had a two day L&O marathon.....nice...

8:38 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

We're having a very exciting New Yrs Eve too. I'm knitting and watching Band of Bros. while Kevin debates how much longer he can stay up. Woohoo!

9:36 PM  
Blogger jennifer said...

i am such the law & order junkie, too! i cannot imagine the amount of episodes that must pile up on your tivo - it's on ALL THE TIME!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

I thought you might like this from Neil Steinberg's op-ed for the Chicago Suntimes:

Saturday is New Year's Eve, perhaps our most artificial of holidays, in that it pays tribute to no historical event, has no religious undertones, but is merely a forced burst of jollity designed to snub our noses at the inevitable passing of time, the inexorable melting of one year into the next. We pretend to be glad because, really, what choice have we? Can't very well ring in the new year with dirges.

I thought that was well put. You can read the rest of the article at http://www.suntimes.com/output/steinberg/cst-nws-stein30.html

2:22 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Right there with you on the New Years' thing - I spent the night in NYC, but instead of Times Square, I was sitting on the couch talking with my college roomie's mom about how medicine has changed since she was in med school. It was great.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

A quite New Year's Eve (and New Year's Day) is the perfect way to spend the holiday in my opinion. Why go brave crouds and feel pressured to party?? Did you make it to midnight? I managed to this year.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home