Saturday, December 03, 2005

So Much for Monogamy

I couldn't fight off the startitis any longer. I have been working on Kepler -- the sleeves are finished, and I have done the hateful job of picking up 156 stitches or so around the cable band. I began decreasing almost immediately for the waist shaping, per my plan. But the decreases were too frequent and it looked weird. It's just going to have to be a little longer than I had planned, in order to accomodate the shaping. (Sorry that there are no exciting pictures documenting all this. Lazy Laura.) Anyhow, the KepLaura has now reached the point where it is no longer portable. That's all the excuse that I needed to start something new.

I have had this yarn in my stash for a while and I've been dying to make it into socks. It's Knit Picks Sock Landscape in Spring Prairie. My skein has more variation in the green -- from yellow to almost olive. I started the Rib and Cable socks from the fall IK, but it was not the right pattern for this yarn. The cables were rendered invisible by the frequent color repeats. So I started again, this time using Grumperina's Jaywalker pattern. What a very cool pattern. This is much better, though there is some polling of the aforementioned yellow. The Rib and Cable pattern was fun too, though, so I'm looking forward to going back to that one. I got some gorgeous yarn from Jessie that I think will be perfect!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Jaywalker pattern has been calling me too. I've got to finish the socks I've already got on the needles though.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

I have two skeins of KnitPicks Spring Prairie in my stash that I can't wait to knit into socks, but I have too much holiday knitting at the moment. I plan to try out the Jaywalker pattern just as soon as I finish the holiday knitting.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home