Thursday, December 08, 2005

This and That

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about Chez Affiknitty. I am stupid in love with this house. I have told G on many an occasion that I plan to leave this house 95 years old and feet first. (Keep your fingers crossed for me.)

You must read Olga's latest post about ghetto knitters. It is priceless!

I finally broke down and joined the Handknit Holidays KAL. Today, getting into the Christmas spirit, I was suddenly overcome with the desire to make red and white pompoms, knitted toys, and little knitted tree ornaments. Pictures to follow.

And, now, for something completely different...

And, for something non-knitting related, I started another blog. Because, you know, I have so much free time. Anyway, it's called La Lectrice Eclectique (at least for now) and I'll be posting about each book that I read. I've been thinking about doing this for awhile. When I was in sixth grade, I told my teacher (shout out to Mrs. Pickard! LOL!) that I wanted to be a book reviewer when I grew up. So I guess that's kind of come to pass!

3 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Thanks for the shout out, chica!

I actually HAVE that VW bug cozy pattern...I think I found it when I was still reading my Knitlist emails. I thought it was purely for shits and giggles! I would have to modify it to fit my VW Golf. Can you imagine that? "Cast on a gajillion stitches..."

5:37 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, wow--another blog! Where do you find the time?!?!? :) Can't wait to read it. I love books, but have had to join a book club just to make sure I get some reading in, lately! :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

To Olga--

We actually didn't use a pattern for the VW cozy-- we were each just given a tissue paper tracing of a given part of the car, then we went to it with trial and error (and math, lots and lots of math!)


to affiknitty--

I love your "I'm a thrower" campaign. I think it would be great to have t-shirts to proclaim our thrower pride as well!

--Amy/WittyKnits

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home