Friday, January 20, 2006

I'm It

Jessie tagged me with the Four Things meme. That makes today's post easy enough.

Four Jobs You Have Had In Your Life
...in no particular order and in no way an exhaustive list
1. Bank teller
2. Corporate tax attorney
3. Salesperson in chocolate shop (Sweeties, Northampton, Mass.)
4. Legislative assistant for a Member of Congress

Movies You Could Watch Over and Over
Heaven only knows how many times I have watched these movies...
1. Casablanca ("I stick my neck out for nobody.")
2. Moonstruck ("I just want you to know no matter what you do, you're gonna die, just like everybody else.")
3. The Philadelphia Story ("Oh, we're going to talk about me again, are we? Goody.")
4. Manhattan ("I feel like we're in a Noel Coward play. Someone should be making martinis.")

Places You Have Lived
Also in no particular order, and not an exhaustive list
1. Next door to the National Zoo in Washington, DC
2. Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
3. Topeka, Kansas
4. Lawton, Oklahoma

TV Shows You Love to Watch
1. Lost
2. All the Law and Order shows
3. As of this week, 24
4. Numb3rs

Places You Have Been on Vacation
1. Paris. Sigh.
2. Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
3. Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4. Interlaken, Switzerland

Websites You Visit Daily
1. Bloglines
2. Yahoo
3. That about does it for daily visits.

Favorite Foods
1. Ice cream with hot fudge
2. Tomato sandwiches (in season only)
3. Steak au poivre
4. Creme brulee

I've seen this one around a lot, so I am going to issue a general tag!

Thanks everyone for the encouragement about the sweater vest. I think I might give it a shot. My mom has a sewing machine, so that was really just a lame excuse. Be prepared for this to take me forever, though. Plus, I have other things I want to do first. More on those things later...

5 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

I love Manhattan too! Although, it always gets mixed up in my head with Annie Hall. They're basically the same movie, though--they should be subtitled, Woody Allen Angst, Parts 1 and 2.

Guess what? I made a tomato, basil, and mozzarella sandwich the other day...delicious! I know, tomatoes aren't in season right now, but I had a craving I couldn't deny.

10:58 AM  
Blogger kim said...

I've been slacking at reading blogs...WOW...that is the coolest sweater vest! Sigh...I wish my husband would wear something like that....sweaters just kill him (he's one of those perenially hot-blooded people.)

2:21 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I know you've had some awesome, impressive jobs, but I find myself strangely fixated on the chocolate shop salesperson one. ;-) If the chocolate shop sold coffee, too, that would pretty much be my definition of heaven!! And mmm, creme brulee! I love it so much that I tried making it at home once, but my creation came out more like sticky caramel cream. :-P Some things are better left to professionals. And YAY to you for tackling the vest!! I know you can do it!! Take care and have a great weekend, Laura! :-)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I mailed your package today so keep an eye out for it! :)

4:41 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Ice cream with hot fudge.... MMMMMmmmmm...

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home