Thursday, January 05, 2006

Starts and Fits

Like Terhi, I've been knitting a lot of blue things lately. Or trying anyway. Here's my first Rib and Cable sock, ready for kitchenering. I get pretty anxious about grafting, but Christine has offered some help. Thanks for the tips!


I started this last weekend. I'm calling her Nell, because she's a little version of the Lady Eleanor Entrelac Stole from Scarf Style. But she's too wide -- I have only 5 skeins of this Karaoke, so it would be the shortest scarf ever. Do-over! (Aside to Olga: I still want to start another Scarf Style project, if you're still game!)

This is my second attempt at toe-up Jaywalkers with Regia 4 Color. This time I decided to try the Turkish cast-on. Do I feel clever or what? Thanks Deb, for the awesome tutorial! My gauge is a little too tight, but I think I'll just make the larger size and see how it goes. I can't bear to frog this beautiful toe. There's another something blue on Affiknitty Patterns -- my iPod cozy with full details.

12 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

love nell! looks so pretty with those deep kareoke colors! the cable socks are great! should keep ya warm :)

5:19 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Really fab sock! And now I'm off to check out the iPod cozy--and send the link to my sis. She got an iPod for Christmas and all holiday we talked about how she should knit a cover! :)

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Nell is awesome! I have 5 balls of Karoake that I was planning to do the same thing with. How wide do you think it should be? You write that it's too wide.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

That really is a beautiful toe. And you've inspired me to post about my ipod cozy, which I made about a year ago but that was pre-blog.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Is that rib and cable sock from the IK web patterns? I think I remember you talking about it before, but couldn't find the post. I also think I have it printed out somewhere . . .

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the blue is lovely! And thanks for the iPod pattern -- mine is in need of some protection, what with curious little helpers always wanting to see how it works.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Terhi said...

All your blues are beautiful! Nell is looking great – I've been wanting to try entrelac for a while now, but it just looks so complicated.

2:19 AM  
Blogger knitannie said...

Love the iPod pattern. Will be making one for me and one for Mr KA soon. Will post pics once complete

8:32 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Your entrelac is so pretty. I've never tried it but I love the way it looks. Great colors too. Gotta check out your ipod cozy pattern. I got my DH a nano for making his walking goal for 2005 (2500 miles!). It's so tiny though; it definitely needs a cozy.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Wow, you have a lot of lovely projects going on right now. I have three cave man words for Nell: "Me want now!" Maybe you could turn her into a clutch/tote or the front side of a pillow? Or just do over like you were planning to do anyway :) (sorry, my little sad procrastinating frogging issues belong to me alone, hee hee).

4:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, entrelac. I'm sorry to hear that Nell will be frogged. I like to look at entrelac although I haven't tried it yet.

10:57 PM  
Blogger Lynda said...

oooh Entrelac - I've gotta try me some of that!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home