Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sweetening the Pot

All I can say is, Wow! Have all of you always been here? Or did the words "free yarn" spread through the Knitblogger Grapevine like alpaca on fire? I have to say, seeing all these great comments, I'm getting this visual picture of Knitters skulking out of the darkness like Gollum after his Precious. I suppose it's not very nice to compare your new friends to Gollum, but you know I don't mean that all our souls-- my own included-- are corrupted by yarn lust. Not a bit. (This is totally a joke. If you aren't a Lord of the Rings fan, just forget this last paragraph.)

Anyway, I decided I ought to improve everyone's odds a little. You don't need to leave another comment if you already have. Pardon the lousy pictures, and the marker stains on my end table. What can I say, I live with a couple of budding artistes.


Here's a lovely skein of Colinette Giotto, in beautiful watery pinks, greens, and silvery grays. This is really gorgeous. And here's a skein of Knit Picks Color Your Own Sock Yarn, ready for acid dyes or beverage mixes. Finally, here are two balls (about 360 yds) of very soft, very lovely fingering weight alpaca. The fiber came from animals that live right here in Ohio!

OK, once again, with the rules -- one entry per person by leaving a comment, I will send goodies anywhere on this planet, and I will draw a name for each prize. I wish I could give you a choice, but I'm afraid everyone would pick the Lorna's Laces! Good luck!

19 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Oh.my.gosh. You are toooo good to us! fun, fun, fun!!! Is it Saturday yet... is it Saturday yet???

6:46 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Aren't you just the sweetest!!! With prizes like that, who needs a choice. Everything is glorious!!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ha! For a minute I thought you took those pictures at my coffee table. I know a couple of artistes too. :)

7:12 PM  
Blogger chris said...

You are TOO sweet!! That Colinette is crazy gorgeous and the alpaca and dye-your-own are just as delicious. That image of Gollum and Precious was too much! I couldn't stop laughing. The term "lurk" just conjures up dark and twisted images that cracks me up. (Yeah, I know I'm demented. ;-)) And Holy Crow, girl, 60 comments!! That's Yarn Harlot level of commenting! All totally well-deserved, though... you're one of the sweetest bloggers out there. (And just for the record, that is NOT the yarn corruption talking...) Take care, Laura! :-)

7:16 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

You are so good to us! Yelling free yarn on a knit blog is almost as dangerous as yelling fire in a crowded theatre. I think you should put bits of knits Chris's name in twice. I don't know how she does it, but she's leaving sweet, substantive comments all over blogland. And she's a ghetto knitter so she needs good yarn. ;o)

9:04 PM  
Blogger Mrs. H said...

We wants our PRECIOUSSSSSSS, yes we do. GOLLUM GOLLUM! (stroking my skein of Bearfoot sock yarn)

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything's lovely - but no Alpaca for me, please (HAH. Like I'd win, anyway). It gives me hives :o(

my preciousssssss ;o)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Bitterknitter said...

Lovely Jaywalkers! Here's hoping a good bath takes the "sag" out! I'm trying to delurk in 2006, thanks for the droolworthy incentive!

9:53 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Woohoo!!!! The odds just got better.. and you've got some bootiful yarns.

10:14 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

SIXTY COMMENTS!!! Can you even stand it???

10:39 PM  
Blogger quantumtea said...

Does it count as beverage-dyed if you accidentally spill tea on the yarn? :-)

11:01 PM  
Blogger PnP said...

Wow, what a great idea, and what gorgeous yarn! I've never won a thing, what a fun contest!

Crossing fingers...

11:34 PM  
Blogger chittavrtti said...

I remember seeing The Hobbit when it was animated on television. Of all the characters Gollum was my favorite--for the melodramatic cabbage patch nosferatuness of him. Ok I made up a word but it fits what I saw ;) **CV

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That Giotto is truly stunning. I'm going to have to hunt some down. Thanks for the yummy yarn pics!

11:46 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i really want some colineete giotto for that IK rank in the spring issue... what is that colorway you have there?

7:54 AM  
Blogger wittyknits said...

I already commented, but thought I'd let you know that if you're interested in knowing who reads your blog in an ongoing fashion, check out statcounter.com. I use it on my blog, and have found many interesting things, such as the fact that several people have landed with me searching improbable phrases like "olivia newton john leg warmers lets get physical." Huh. I've been staggered at how many people are reading me per month, v. how many comments I get.

10:05 AM  
Blogger T. said...

I want to participate!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Juniper said...

I know exactly whatyou mean about not joining the Olympics in order to preserve sanity. I thought long and hard about whether or not I wanted to try to crank out another Butterfly in 16 days and ultimately reached the conclusion that, while I Can do it, I don't really want to put myself through that nonsense.


Also, mmmmmmmyarn. ^_^

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The yarns are yummy! If I'm a winner, I'll save you the postage, since I live near Cleveland.

11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home