Sunday, February 26, 2006

Miscellany

Thanks for all the nice comments about my Regia socks. I really like them, and they look super cute with my Dansko Marcelles. (Funny -- when I just googled "Dansko Marcelles" three of the top ten results were knitblog posts, including ones from Courtney and Cara.) Also, I had decided yesterday that I had to wear them, looked in my closet, and realized I have a green sweater that is almost an exact match for the green in the socks!

Like President Logan in this season of 24, I have let others make the tough decisions. Mother Lode is the winner for my sock pal socks. This colorway received about 67% of the votes. Of course, that's not counting the votes for "oh, they're both nice!" or "gee, I don't know." Now, I just have to pick a pattern. Hmmm...

G and I got the afternoon off today, thanks to free babysitting from the grandparents. We went to see Capote, and I can highly recommend it. Both Phillip Seymour Hoffman (as Truman Capote) and Catherine Keener (as Harper Lee) were outstanding.

Hope you all had successful endings to your Knitting Olympics, however you define success. I am looking forward to catching up on Bloglines and hearing all about it!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see what they grow up to be ;o)

I finished my KO project this afternoon - not in time for the 2pm EST cutoff but finished nonetheless

7:11 PM  
Blogger chris said...

Yay for Motherlode!! Your sock pal is going to be one happy girl when she hits the motherlode. ;-) And yay for a date afternoon!! I'm so happy that you two got the chance to get out and go to the movies... do they still sell popcorn at movie theaters, LOL? It's been so long that I'm not even sure I'd recognize a theater if I passed one! ;-) I'm so glad that you got a much-deserved break and some quality time with the hubby. Take care, Laura! :-)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I want to see Capote too. I think Phillip Seymour Hoffman is an amazing actor.

I'm glad Mother Lode won! It will be very pretty no matter what pattern you choose!

9:13 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I want to see Capote too. I think Phillip Seymour Hoffman is an amazing actor.

I'm glad Mother Lode won! It will be very pretty no matter what pattern you choose!

9:13 PM  
Blogger amy said...

i wonder if danskos would sponsor knitters like nike sponsors athletes? ;)

looking forward to seeing what pattern you pair with the lorna's.

10:14 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Hooray for deciding on SockPal yarn! I think it's beautiful and she will be a lucky sockpal--mine's getting LL, too.:) And thanks for the movie recommendation. I just saw The 40-Year-Old Virgin a few nights ago and loved Catherine Keener in it (besides laughing my a** off in general)!
I'm quite surprised Bloglines hasn't absolutely exploded with Olympic coverage, yet--maybe tomorrow. . . .

12:45 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

I saw Capote last weekend, too. Wasn't it stunning? Although I hear they took liberties with the real story (Truman had the confession almost right away, and didn't manipulate the legal process like they made it out to be). Still, well acted! As long as we're plugging Catherine Keener, she was fantastic in Lovely and Amazing. Did you see that? She plays a very unlikeable person, but her acting is sooo spot on and subtle.

1:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Motherlode is the best - I'm already curious to see what pattern you're going to choose!
Have fun knitting, and best wishes from Austria!

3:30 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love that colorway from LL's. It is really one of the more color perfect color combinations i think :) I love those little cute socks you finished in your last post, way cute :)you have a green sweater that color? must be perfect for those socks! i can't wait to see some of these guys gold medal projects too :)

8:02 AM  
Blogger knittinmom said...

Oh, I can't wait to see Capote. Of course we'll never see it until it's out on DVD, but I've already got it on my Netflix list. Glad to hear another good review!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Oh, my goodness. That yarn gives me a physical ache to look at, it's so beautiful. *sigh*

7:04 PM  
Blogger Miss Janelle said...

Just saw you're doing socks in LL's Mother Lode. I just finished and posted a pair of the same! I LOVED the yarn, and now the socks! Would love to see your's finished as well.
Janelle

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home