Monday, March 27, 2006

The Week From Hell

Last week started off with a bang at Coldplay, but it went rapidly downhill from there. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice it to say, everyone in my house had strep throat. But thanks to the miracle of modern antibiotics, we're all better now. My blogreading and commenting were also victims -- I undoubtedly owe you a visit, a comment or an email. I'm sorry! I am going to try and get caught up this week.

I received my Project Spectrum postcard from Cath -- and it included a very nice pair of sock size stitch markers! Thanks, Cath! I was excited to get my new postcard pal and I'm starting to think orange and yellow.

I have also been planning new projects. With money I received for my birthday, I bought about 12 balls of this, just in time for Red March to be over. This is going to be Audrey from Rowan 35. (Feel free to swoon -- I certainly feel one coming on.) Sunrise Circle? Sampler Stole? I am absolutely going to get to those. Really.

Coming up in the days ahead ... a Sockapaloooza update from the frog pond, an actual finished object, swatching, and more lace.

8 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Love that yarn and pattern *swoon*! It's going to be stunning.

Glad your on the mend...I've just started to come down with the cold everyone else in the house had last week, - thought I was going to escape it ;(

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about the strep; one of the worst maladies around. Glad, though, that all have turned the corner.
Thank you for the nice post on KTC; the reveal package went on its way this morning. Looking forward to meeting you!

2:35 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, Audrey is going to look stunning in that color! Glad to hear you're all getting better.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Glad you're feeling better - I was starting to worry about the silence from over here! Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Audrey is going to be wonderful in that color (I'm partial to reds...cantcha tell?) ;o)

Glad you're on the mend - we missed you!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a gorgeous color! That is one fab pattern too. I'm glad you are all feeling better.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

wow, i am so sorry that all of you were so ill! i am glad that your back up to speed ;) remember to take it easy too....

9:54 PM  
Blogger chris said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're all finally on the mend! I can't even imagine how difficult a week it must have been. I'm hoping that the only things you catch from here on out are good health and lots of knitting time. ;-) And hello- Debbie Bliss Cathay?!!! I AM swooning!! I've been coveting that stuff forever!! Your Audrey is going to be GORGEOUS in that! I love that color, too! BTW, I started the Sampler Stole this weekend... uhm, I think I may need to inflict some pain on you for all the pain I've incurred, LOL! Just kidding- it's finally coming along, but verrrrry slowly. Thank goodness for all the tips on the KAL! Take care, Laura! :-)

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home