Saturday, April 22, 2006

Project Orange and Yellow

The Sockapaloooza socks are tantalizingly close to being done ... I've been tiring a bit of socks ... I've been in the mood to knit a sweater ... I've been wanting to take advantage of owning Knitting from the Top ... I've had this in the stash for dog's years ... I can knit this while watching movies with subtitles ... I need to do something yellow or orange before April is over ... all excuses (reasons?) for starting this, in spite of having Audrey on the needles as well:


The actual color of this yarn (Katia Diana, if you're wondering) is darker -- somewhere between cantaloupe, terra cotta and coral.

I sent my postcard off to Dee on Tuesday ... and got this lovely one from her yesterday!

Just a reminder: put your guesses in for the 80s nostalgia songs ... I will draw the winner AT RANDOM from the correct guesses! In other words, don't be deterred by the fact that others have named the songs. To make it easier ... I will include all guesses that correctly name the song titles -- the artists do not have to be correct. Apparently, some of these songs have been covered by numerous bands and there is no way for you to know which version is on my iPod!

7 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love that color!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

hey, babe! i love that color too (it even kinda goes with the color on the postcard!). I *just* finished my sockapaloooza sock TODAY and I can't wait to move on to new things!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Tired of socks!!! Blasphemy... Just kidding! :)

8:20 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

That's a strange sounding movie. How was it?
I like the way your project is coming along:)

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well in that case!! Bring on the nostalgia!

English Beat - Save it for Later (did harvey Danger cover this one?? Hmmm. I only know this version)

Level 42 - Something About You

Trio - Da Da Da (Actually I only know this from the Volkswagon commercial!)

New Order - Blue Monday (Rockkkkkkks)

Echo and the Bunnymen - Bring on the Dancing Horses

At first I thought that last song was The Cure, but then I saw other guesses and it all came rushing back to me. Funny how old music is like that!!

1:11 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Les Parapluies de Cherbourg, aah - it was longtime ago... But I like this one... I have no problem with subtitles - we have them, in Sweden we only dub movieĀ“s for the kids. (but you can always find a theatre with subtitles)

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't have a chance to check my bloglines until just now - I missed the contest! *scream of anguish*

1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home