Sunday, May 07, 2006

In Which the Mojo Returns ...

It's back, baybee! And I have Project Spectrum to thank for it, really. Because, I love green. So, I've got a number of green things on the needles, and that just makes me happy. I started some socks, which really does help get the knitting enthusiasm going.

And of course, there's the Roundabout Leaf Tank. A very sedate, gray-green, but green nonetheless. As you can see from the sidebar, I decided to join the Knitting Nature Knitalong. I am so much more successful at meeting my KAL obligations if I sign up after I cast on for the project. In that spirit, since I've already started the Trellis Scarf, I also joined The Amazing Lace, hosted by the fabulous Theresa and Rachel. Check it out if you'll be knitting lace this summer ... it looks like big fun.

Also, inspired by flipping through Mason-Dixon Knitting (another recent purchase because you knitbloggers cannot stop talking about how great it is), I went to the craft store and bought dishcloth cotton. Kay and Ann -- they'll get you all excited about dishcloth cotton.

Finally, I have to say "thank you" to my April Postcard Pal, Dee. She sent me these April-May stitch markers as a completely unneccessary, but very much appreciated, gesture. Aren't they lovely?

17 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

you have started some great stuff. can't wait to see the progress!

10:24 PM  
Blogger Mrs. H said...

What great projects you have going! Gotta love that sock. Your M-D dishcloth is coming along nicely. I do suggest that, when you wash that dishcloth, that you throw in one or two of those Shout "Color Catcher" sheets. Those dark/bright color + white dishclothes look great until you throw them in the washer and the dark color runs all over the white. Ask me how I know this. Those little sheets have saved my bacon a number of times with "leaky" dyes. They are the BOMB. Happy Mojo!

10:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting your mojo back!

11:08 PM  
Blogger knitannie said...

That's mojo and then some. They all look so good. I love that grey green colour.

2:45 AM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Yay, le mojo est retourne! Color therapy works wonders, doesn't it? Those ribbon stitch markers are charming. How sweet!

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got your mojo back!
Karen
http://nothingbutknit.blog-city.com/

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dishcloth craze has me slighly baffled, but the more I see them on blogs the more I feel my willpower being chipped away. I love the colors you chose!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Princessdeia said...

Good to see your mojo back!

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, socks! Love the almost, nearly, close as it gets to instant gratification knitting. Cotton's not so bad, eh? If it had a fancy name, like Rowan or Tahki, everyone would love it, don't you think?

1:51 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

what a pretty shade of green! i see you have a little mojo back! ;) i have lost my blogging mojo lately!

3:18 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

she's baaAack!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm so happy the mojo's made a reappearance! Yay!

Love the dishcloth colors. RM got me that book for mother's day, and I've got lots of dishcloth cotton!

5:12 PM  
Blogger amandazen said...

Hurray for the return of mojo! That is going to be a lovely dishcloth.

Amanda :)

10:13 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

uh oh. you've got me thinking about that amazing lace kal. what a cool, original idea!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Some great projects happening. Glad the mojo is back!

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your projects look great. What a great come back.


Your secret pal.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I am so looking forward to seeing your leaf tank. I haven't bought the book yet, but once I start seeing FO's, I'm sure I won't be able to resist.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home