Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Ceci N'Est Pas Un Post

Just some random thoughts ...

1. I am really hungry for rhubarb crisp. Thanks, Cat!

2. I think you all ought to go over here and hear my new favorite song, "I'll Love You 'Til My Veins Explode" by the Paper Cranes, "the most punctual band in rock and roll."

3. Note to self: If you allow J to watch too much Wiggles and Koala Brothers, he will start to sound like an Aussie.

4. Pictures of lace projects in progress make for boring blog posts. I have been working on Shetland Triangle (swoon-I love it!), but it just looks like a bigger and bigger lumpy pile of alpaca. But soon, there will be an update. Poetry! Heh.

5. It's as dangerous to click the links on a blogfriend's sidebar as it is to darken the door of your LYS. Before you know it, you have three or ten new (to you, anyway) blogs that you simply must add to Bloglines, although you really haven't got the time to properly read and comment on the eighty blogs that are already there.

10 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

I Like randon thought number 3... it made me laugh ;)

12:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rhubarb crisp! A great and, I think, highly underrated dessert.

Well worth at least one random thought....

12:18 PM  
Blogger Knitting Therapy said...

When I was in college, I lived with distant relatives of my dad's for a summer so that I could find a job. They were in their 80's but were incredible. Grandma Pratt was a plain cook but loved to bake. We would have fresh yeast rolls every day, some with cinnamon and sugar and pie every evening for dessert. My favorites were the blackberry and the rhubarb custard. The fruits were fresh from her garden and the pies were to die for. I was never able to get the recipe from her of the family and I have looked in books all my adult life. I followed you link for the crisp and found 6 different recipes for rhubarb custard pie. I can't wait to try them to see which matches my memories. Thanks!!!!

Peggy
http://www.knittingtherapy.blogspot.com

12:25 PM  
Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

Too funny...I found your blog through Jeanne's blog over at Life in Cleveland. I also love rhubarb crisp and especially apple-rhubarb crisp.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

So, J's sounding like an Aussie? Too cute... We are a wiggles family too.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

(Note to self: must show my future as of yet unborn hopefully impressionable children videos with Aussie, British or French speaking characters.)

Hmm, that recipe for the rhubarb crisp makes it sound so dang . . . well, crispy because of the topping. Yum!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Could we have a picture of the pile of lumpy alpaca, please? I am planning to do the Triangle and am very keen to see it, at any and every stage.
BTW, I like the title of the post :)

7:00 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Rhubarb, is a BIG favorite of mine!

12:40 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Hee hee. I've been cultivating procrastination since 1983. Thanks for the other links - they helped greatly ;)

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You only have 80?!?! HA! Amateur.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home