Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It's Here!

My first package from Sundara's Petals Collection arrived today and it is ... words fail me here, knitters. Gorgeous. Sumptuous. Amazing. Breathtaking.

The yarn is a wonderfully soft merino superwash that has that pebbly Koigu look, if you know what I mean. The colors are so incredibly beautiful. Everything was carefully and meticulously packaged -- totally professional. Cannot. Wait. To. Knit. This. Yarn!

Does anyone know-- is there a Petals Collection blog/KAL? There really ought to be.

Edited to add: I emailed Sundara and there was no KAL. I offered to host it and she agreed! So I set up a blogspot page here. If you are also receiving this wonderful yarn and are interested, email me and I will send you a blog invite!

17 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

ooooh - covet, covet...

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh my....gorgeous, you are right! I'm gonna have to check them out. I think I need some!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Oh, so pretty! I think I've got the yarn envy.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That's so pretty - just the colors to perk up this rainy weather we've been having.

I don't know of a KAL - you should start one!

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, man! That looks like fun!! A blocking shawl, too -- so exciting I can hardly stand it! I'm overcaffeinated today ;), can you tell? I just love that lace pattern in your shawl.

3:35 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

Mine came while I was home for lunch. I took pictures as I opened it (like a good blogger) but haven't had a chance to blog about it yet . . . but yes! I was so impressed with the quality of that package! Beautiful beautiful....

3:42 PM  
Blogger Courtney said...

very nice! I covet too.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

beautiful!

4:31 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, dear... That's some gorgeous stuff!

4:45 PM  
Blogger cmeknit said...

I am so jealous! I wish I got in on this knit!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received mine today too!..Stunning!!

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, oh, oh. I received mine also. I don't have a blog but I emailed Sundara and expressed how beautiful the yarn and package are. I am almost afraid to knit up the yarn. It is just so pretty. I would love to be part of any knit along.

5:52 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

So gorgeous.

6:06 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

OMG, can I come roll in it? Lovely, lovely!

10:26 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Ha! I knew you'd wind up hosting that KAL! :)

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, my. That's just...I want to spend hours petting it and murmuring sweet nothings to it. It's lovely, really, and I can't wait to see the finised product!

10:29 PM  
Blogger Violiknit said...

Thank you for starting the KAL!

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home