Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Random Stuff, Some of It Actually About Knitting!

1. Have you got a little extra cash lying around? OK, none of us really feel as though we do, but we are all rich, by global standards. So go help provide economic opportunity for people less fortunate than we are. Make a donation to Heifer International through Cara's registry and you will be entered into a fabulous contest for fabulous prizes! She has raised nearly $5000 so far! Woo-hoo! (Just be sure and send her a little email letting her know how much you donated -- you will be entered into the drawing one time for each $10 you donate.)

2. In lace knitting news, here's the progress on the Shetland Triangle. I love this pattern! I am addicted. I can hardly put it down to attend to less pressing matters, such as child care. And the yarn ... sigh. Those Blue Sky people sure do know what they are doing. It's wonderfully soft and light. I really started to worry a bit about having enough, so I called WEBS. Fortunately, they had another skein in the same dye lot.

3. Have you heard of Irving? They're an L.A. band that I recently discovered on one internet music site or another. Or maybe I heard them on a podcast. Anyway, go to their MySpace page and take a listen. I love the song "jen nothing matters to me."

4. Right now, I cannot eat enough wasabi peas. Apparently, I am not the only one. Please do not tell me they are fattening. Also, if you have not had goat cheese and fig jam on french bread, you do not know what you are missing.

5. I received an excellent Knitters' Tea Swap package from Andrea yesterday. I would post a picture if Blogger would let me. Grrr... Anyhow, she sent lovely white chocolate macadamia cookies; some Knitters' Black Tea from the Yarn Barn of San Antonio (where she is visiting her son); the most beautiful box of green tea I have ever seen, from Tokyo; and two skeins of ... Blue Sky 100% Alpaca in a dark green! My love affair with Blue Sky yarns continues!

8 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

The Shetland Triangle looks great! Such a pretty, feminine color. We are so wealthy compared to the rest of the world. My yarn budget alone is more than many people have for necessities. And Heifer is a great organization.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

I have not been able to get enough wasabi peas lately either. I adore them.

The shawl is very pretty!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Nice shawl so far. I've never actually had wasabi peas, but they do sound very good. I'm also trying to raise money for Heifer, check out my blog for details. Though granted, I don't have prizes half as cool as Cara's, especially since a spinning wheel has just added to her prizes. I should go over there and donate right now!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Persnickety Knitter said...

Looks like you're off to a great start with your shawl.

Yeah, wasabi peas sure are addicting. I've never had fig jam though -- I'll have to be on the lookout for that.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Miss Tonia said...

The shaw looks great so far. And I love the color!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

mmm, i love stuff with wasabi! why haven't i had these yet!!!! thanks for all the links, and your shawl is really beautiful :)

10:45 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh... it's lace knitting season again. Lookout! I haven't seen this pattern (or at least not that I can remember), so I can't wait to see how it turns out.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Looks like the shawl is going swimmingly. I'm glad they have more yarn from the same dyelot, should you need it. All the stars are aligned for this creation!

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home