Friday, June 09, 2006

Way More Than Just ABBA

You all know it. You meet the nicest people in the knitblogosphere. One of the people I feel lucky to have met is Cat from In My Life. She lives in Stockholm. I sent her an email telling her about a Swedish band that I recently and happily discovered -- The Concretes. (Hopefully, it did not sound like "Uh, they're from Sweden, and you're from Sweden... you must know them personally!") She said that she was familiar with them, but that they are not really popular yet there. Then she offered to send me a CD of Swedish music! As you all know, I am a total music ho, so there was no way I would demur. It arrived this week and it's amazing. And, of course, she sent a nice note on a postcard. I sent her a couple of CDs too, but they are on their way and I don't want to spoil the surprise. Thanks again, Cat, and I hope you like your music too!

More random thoughts ...

Did I mention what I got for Mother's Day? I cannot stand the suspense, waiting for my first package...

Lace knitting continues, and I am working on a pair of mystery socks...

I want this sweater desperately. But I guess I should finish one of the three or four other sweater projects I have started first.

BARGAIN ALERT! My Costco had copies of Inspired Cable Knits, Big Girl Knits, Mason-Dixon Knitting, and Morehouse Farm Merino Knits for $18.49 each. (That's about the same as Amazon, but no shipping or waiting.) I had to get the Ellis book. You're right, Lynda. It's gorgeous.

14 Comments:

Blogger Miss Tonia said...

I envy you the mother's day gift!

I am about to be shameless, but you are a sock knitter, and I thought you might be interested. I have started a Summer Sock Party swap. Please visit me at http://toniaknits.blogspot.com
I hope you'll join!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Courtney said...

That is s brilliant Mother's Day gift!

10:29 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Wow, good stuff all around. Ahd I agree - that is about the perfect Mother's Day gift,

...well, besides the Fiona Ellis book -

11:18 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You must be a great mom to deserve a great gift like that! :) Can't wait to see what you get!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a lucky mama! Great gift. Now I can enjoy that yarn vicariously through your blog!

11:41 AM  
Blogger jillian said...

Niiiiiice mum's day prezzie! Do they know you or what?

12:02 PM  
Blogger Tania A said...

I so want to get Big Girl Knits and Mason-Dixon knitting. *cries* I will have to see if I can spend a little money on those and run up to our Costco.

And -so- jealous about your Mother's Day gift! Not that I am into sock-knitting yet .. but I'm such a yarn-whore ..

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the Ellis book, too - I love looking through it and dreaming ;o)

btw, did I mention that I have THE finale on DVD? I will try to get RR to watch it with me tonight so I can forward it on to you...that is, if you still want to see it... ;o)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

What a super Mother's Day present! I look forward to you documenting all the different colors that come in...can't wait to see them.

I was *just* up at Costco last week and did not see those books. :-( Believe me, there's no way I would have missed them..I can smell a knitting book from 100 feet away. I have to go back up there this weekend, so I'll have another looksee. I want the Mason Dixon book!

That Cherry sweater would look lovely on you. But I know what you mean about finishing up projects. I am having a bit of start-itis myself. No work on the Trellis, but Baby Denim Drawstring Pants are 1/2 done and I whipped up a dishcloth last night during a "24" marathon (I borrowed the first season DVD from the library and it's due back today!).

2:46 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

What a GREAT mother's day gift!!!

I can't wait to see what's in bloom each month... how fun!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Great mothers day gift!!! The CDs has arrived and I lust loooove it!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that Cherry sweater is lovely, isn't it? I just bought Bridie before it was taken down, so one of these days....


And your Mother's Day gift! The best part of it, I suspect, is that they really understand/support your knitting -- and in such a beautiful, thoughtful way!

10:18 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I did see those books at Costco the last time I was there--I just couldn't decide! :) I would love to see you knit Cherry. It's gorgeous. (didn't you show us a yarn you already had picked out?)

11:01 AM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

What a perfect and lovely gift! Who doesn't want to wear petals on their feet?

Ahh, it is as easy to be a yarn bookaholic as it is a yarnaholic. Can you imagine if Costco sold nice basic yarn?!

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home