Thursday, August 10, 2006

More on the Dishcloth Cotton Addiction


Project: Dave's Garterlac Dishcloth (detail of the FO)
Yarn: Sugar n' Cream Peppermint colorway (slightly less than one ball)
Needles: Knit Picks Options 24" circular, size 7 .
Finished Dimensions: About 8.5 inches high and 9 inches wide.
Thoughts: Excellent, excellent pattern. (Yay, Dave!) If you are in need of dishcloths, or just something fun to knit with all that cotton you have lying about, hightail it on over to Criminy Jickets and print out Dave's pattern.

Yarn was fine ... everyone keeps saying that the Sugar n' Cream colorways are so much better than Peaches n' Creme. This was the only one (other than white) I could find that didn't scream "Kountry Kitchen!" (Not that there's anything wrong with kountry kitchens, just not my preferred color scheme.) All these great colors ... not at my Wal-Mart, anyway.

The needles. Well, they've been blogged about ad nauseam. But put me in the camp that loves them to pieces. Nice and slick, and sharp, and I love that the cables have zero memory. I didn't notice the extra weight. Undoubtedly, had the nasty mother of the Prince Charming put me to the pea-under-the-many-mattresses test, I'd have failed miserably. Just not sensitive enough. All I can say is, there's one test you'd want to fail. Imagine that for a mother-in-law.

15 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Cool dishcloth - I've not seen that pattern before!

I LOVE my new KnitPick needles also - and the weight issue never even occured to me until someone mentioned it- I don't notice it a bit, either... Love them.

6:56 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Man, I am SO buying these needles for my birthday. I like their fixed cable ones (US1-3) and my Denise, while lovely, just aren't pointy enough sometimes. Yay! *I may also need to jump on the washcloth bandwagon, 'cause I don't have enough projects. Ha!

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i keep hearing such great things about the new knitpicks needles! AND the cotton (dichcloth) yarns- unfortunately we dont get either of them here in australia, so i have to keep drooling over the lovely yarn colourways online...
love your dishcloth! x :0)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Very cool colours - definitely not country kitchen! I'm glad you enjoyed the pattern :-)

8:32 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Very cool dishcloth. The colorways available here are very country kitchen too.

I'm definitely not sensitive enough to notice the weight issue. I have no complaints about the KP needles at all. I love that they could double as a self-defense weapon if need be.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Such a cute dishcloth! I definitely have to print out that pattern.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

mmmm, lovin' the dishcloth phase! ;) artful and most importantly economical!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I remember correctly, Grumperina's weight issue was mostly with the dpns, and she didn't compare the circular against an Addi Turbo, which I actually think feels heavier than the KnitPicks needles. So when I pick up my KnitPicks ones, they actually feel kind of flimsy to me! The exact opposite. I really think they're awesome for the money.

10:54 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

That's on my list of "to do's" as I just love the pattern...have you tried www.knitting-warehouse.com for your colors of Sugar n Cream?
(((hugs)))

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, such a great dishcloth, I love the colors! These cloths are so addicting, aren't they? Once you start, you can't stop anymore ;) These knitpicks needles sure sound great, I'll have to check if they're available over here in Austria as well!

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That pattern looks very cool ;o)

2:37 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Love the dishcloth, love the needles too.

By the way, my laceweight yarn showed up today and it's gorgeous. Thanks!

4:19 PM  
Blogger Knittymama said...

I've got to try that pattern out. I keep seeing it around and it looks entertaining!

4:52 PM  
Blogger sparkli said...

after reading grumperina's entry about the extra weight, i wondered if i would notice it myself. i've never once considered the weight of any of my needles before, so i bet i wouldn't notice at all. i need to buy some i guess. :D

10:51 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oooh, I'm going to print that pattern. And I'm definitely going to beg for those needles for my birthday.

11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home