Monday, September 25, 2006

This Yarn Rocks with All Due Hardness...

...as Bill in Lakewood would say. Borrowing his helpful (and hilarious) guide to rock superlatives, I can definitively say that this yarn rocks my socks off. Indeed, I think it rocks my lame a**. I'm not sure I deserve yarn that rocks like this.

Yes, now I know why sock knitters the world over are raving about Socks That Rock. I received these two skeins in the colorways Scottish Highlands and Jasper from Carola, as a very sweet gift for offering to accept delivery of some items and then ship them to her in Iceland. (Carola, your box is going to the post office today! Thanks so much!) Let's have a close-up, shall we?

I haven't even knit with it yet, but I am in loooove. The colors are truly amazing and it is THE softest sock yarn I have ever felt. I know how Cara feels about the perfect synergy between Socks That Rock and the Jaywalker pattern, but I'd like to find really special and different patterns for this yarn. Ideas will be warmly received.

16 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Ooo, that is a lovely colorway! I've seen P-word socks knit with STR that are stunning.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still among those who have not experienced Socks That Rock. I know that I can only hold out so long, though. Enjoy knitting with it!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Mrs. H said...

I guess great minds think alike! I got the Scottish Highland too and I'm also deeply in love with it.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Ramona said...

I bought Jasper for a swap pal and you don't know how badly I wanted to keep it for myself.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful yarn !! I have no chance to buy it here :( I would just look at it, and have no heart to knit it :)

11:56 AM  
Blogger Lynda said...

Seriously beautiful sock yarn!

12:03 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

oh my! nice colours!

3:02 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Yay! That is going to be fuuuu-uuun to knit!

4:26 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Oh, pretty, pretty! The more I see that yarn, the more I know I must have some. Have fun knitting that up!

6:27 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

Check out my blog--I made Retro Ribs from IK magazine in STR Farmhouse. I love the way it looks in the STR.

Your colorways are beautiful!!!

10:19 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Oooh, lovely, now whatcha going to knit? It does look so lovely just as it is.

10:55 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Oh, but you so deserve lovely yarn that rocks. Have no doubt, Madame!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Carola said...

People who obviously rock with all due hardness totally deserve STR yarn! I am glad that you like it - although I was not in any doubt about that. It is just so very fabulous. As is your Bodice from the last post. Finished yet? I'm so excited about receiving your parcel soon. Thanks!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feather and fan socks are similar to Jaywalkers, but I think maybe a little fancier and a little more delicate. They might be nice with the STR.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knit a pair of Wyverns with my Scottish Highlands - they came out pretty cool but you need narrow feet!

The pattern: http://www.marniemaclean.com/patterns/Wyvern/index.html

10:44 PM  
Blogger ~Kristie said...

I've been drooling over the Jasper colorway for awhile now & you're really making me want to buy it again!! I've only made one pair of socks with the STR & used the RPM pattern from Knitty's summer issue & they turned out great!

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTrpm.html

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home