Friday, November 10, 2006

Words Cannot Express

...how completely amazing the Decemberists show was. I won't bore you with the blow-by-blow, but suffice it to say that any concert that involves some of the band members entering the audience to stage a "reenactment" of the Battle of the Somme is going to be memorable.

If I were not a mommy with adult responsibilities, I would be driving down to Columbus to see them again tonight.

I must have had a rather rapturous look, or at least a big dumb grin, on my face during the entire show. Afterwards, a woman at the table next to mine said she worked for the band and gave me a print of some of the artwork from the Crane Wife. She wanted me to have it, she said, because I seemed to be the biggest fan of the band in our section of the theatre. I am not certain whether I should feel honored, or embarrassed.

I'm going to go with "honored."

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, how great! I'm jealous.

12:32 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Wow, how exciting! :) I thought of you the other day because we have a show on OPB here called Oregon Art Beat and one of their segments was on Carson Ellis and her illustrations for The Decemberists (since they're from Portland).

12:47 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

Sounds like a fabulous time! I'll have to check out their music on iTunes.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Sounds like it was fun!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

Aw, that's awesome! I bet they were incredible, did they play The Tain? I'd love it if you posted a picture of the print :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Honored. Definitely honored.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Very cool! Did they have the giant whale? So glad you had a great time!

10:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm sure those who work for the band are thrilled to see fans with huge, goofy grins. It bodes well for their job security.

Glad you had so much fun!

10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely, definitely go with "honored."

So glad you enjoyed the concert so much! I'm going to have to check them out!

Do they get their name from the group of aristocrats who tried to overthrow the Russian czar in the early 1800s?

10:58 AM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Yay! Definitely honoured. Being the biggest fan is cool - and you got some artwork. Nuff said.

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm jealous! I don't think they're coming anywhere near Florida. Crane Wife is the best CD this year. Period. I love them

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home