Friday, December 01, 2006

Land Ahoy!


Last night, Henry the Navigator spent the night at my house. I tried to snap a photo of his face, but my bleepin' camera would not cooperate. The picture simply disappeared. (You can see it here.) Fortunately, I got photos of the bounty within the box! One of the cool things that I was not able to document was the chart inside the box where each recipient logged their names. It was fun to see where the box had been. Early in the swap, Henry stayed with Kari from Minnesota, for whom I made socks in Sockapaloooza!

My Yarn Aboard Pal was Purl from Knitted and Purled. Let me tell you, she totally rocked that box. There were comestibles of the highly intriguing variety. That's right, that's a lavender chocolate bar and lavender Earl Grey tea. Yum. I love that sort of thing. (I could really use relaxing scented treats these days. Anxiety is a houseguest that doesn't want to leave.) And pecan pralines? What could beat chocolate, pecans and caramel? Not much.

And then, of course, there was the yarn. There were two skeins of Knit Picks Memories in the Fly Fishing colorway, a shade I've been angling for. (The groans are audible, but I couldn't resist.)

And there was a skein of the yummiest Fleece Artist, which I have been dying to try, in the most gorgeous saturated greens. Perfect. Not pictured is a fantastic inKnitiative sock pattern which covered the bottom of the box.

Thanks, Purl! You were so amazingly generous! Henry is now on his way to his next destination, restocked with goodies of the audible, edible, and knittable varieties. I am looking forward to seeing how my Pal likes the box. And thanks, Amanda. You are the swap hostess with the mostest, that's for sure.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lot of goodies for one box! How fun!

Sorry about the anxiety... as you know, I can relate... here's wishing you lots of deep breaths and peace!

7:07 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

That Fleece Artist is a great green! I'm trying to wait patiently for my Yarn Aboard box, but it's so hard!

7:20 PM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

oh! i am very envious of that green yarn! i LOVE green!!! really !!!!
okay ... breathe, breathe ....
(big sigh) ...

7:35 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What fabulous goodies the explorer brought you!

As a fellow anxiety sufferer, all I can say is (((hugs))).

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jenny Raye said...

I love following Henry's progress as I was the first to receive him in on his voyage around the world. He makes a very nice guest and brings such great gifts, doesn't he?

11:33 PM  
Blogger Ramona said...

Henry has traveled some miles. What a great box of goodies!

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! The yarns are so pretty. Congrats!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Now that is a nice haul! The green Fleece Artist is great with the variations.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am so happy that you like everything. The lavender chocolate is the best I've ever had! I had a hard time parting with the Fleece Artist, but I knew you would love it.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Fleece Artist is really nice too. A friend sent it to me once from Canada and it's been living happily on my feet for awhile now. You're going to love knitting with it. I love following Henry's progress ... ever since he spent a couple of days with me. Happy knitting!

5:23 PM  
Blogger Glaistig said...

What a great swap idea! Another wonderful example of knitters creating trans-continental communities . . . Lavender chocolate and lavender Earl Grey tea? What ambrosia!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

Such a fun swap! I *totally* recognize that Tranquility chocolate bar...if you ever need a hit, let me know so I can run to the store. I have to admit, though, I find it kinda creepy that the photo of Henry disappeared. Is it a haunted ship???

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home