Friday, January 12, 2007

She Blogs!

... and knits, too, believe it or not! The bar study is proceeding apace. Torts, Evidence, and Contracts have been the topics filling my head this week. (Did you know that you are absolutely immune from a slander suit if you make the slanderous comment only to your spouse? So feel free to let loose on the topic of that annoying neighbor, but only to your sweetie!) I am managing to keep up with the schedule, but that's about all I am keeping up with. I am woefully behind in answering emails and I haven't been able to read and comment on all your blogs, either. I apologize.

Fortunately, I have discovered that I can knit something simple (e.g., stockinette in the round) while reviewing my notes and reading the outline books. So the EZ sweater is also moving right along. As you can see, I am almost to the point where I can join the sleeves and the body, otherwise known as The Fun Part. I haven't quite decided yet whether this will be a simple saddle-shouldered style or the seamless hybrid. For those of you who might have been wondering about the yarn I am using and haven't heard back from me yet, it's the highly kid-friendly Plymouth Encore Worsted in color 670. It's a beautiful blue-green, much better than it looks on my monitor, anyway.

Of course, all this study and whatnot hasn't stopped me from joining another knitalong, the Green Socks Knitalong. I have been thinking that I need some green socks and that could be a very study-compatible project. Plus, look at all the green sock yarn I have!

(Clockwise from far L: Knit Picks Merino handdyed with kool-aid, Cherry Tree Hill in Blues/Greens, Knit Picks Essential in Grass, Knit Picks Memories in Fly Fishing, Trekking XXL color 100, Fleece Artist Basic Merino Socks.)

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Kaitie Tee said...

I've always liked the seamless hybrid. I'm going to make one for my husband eventually.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh so much lovely sock yarn! *drool*

i think i need to go sort my sock yarn stash by colour asap.

10:21 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I think I also have that Trekking colorway! It's gorgeous!

I'm glad you are able to knit some during your studies. It's important to have a stress reliever.

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely sock yarns! I think I have that same colourway of Trekking lurking about somewhere.

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's a lot of sock yarn! Perhaps you do indeed need a KAL to get through it.

Good luck with your studying.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Mama Urchin said...

Knitting should help relax you while studying right?

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the legal tip! Being single, I guess I'll have to whisper all my gossip to my television (which is fine, since I talk to my TV all the time). I'm so impressed with your discipline and your study habits, especially at the fact that you can knit a sweater while studying torts! I'm so glad you've decided to do this...go, Laura, go!

11:56 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Too funny! I was reading about your sweater and thought, "I wonder what yarn that is", just about the time you said, "for those of you wondering about the yarn . . . " Heh. The color (on the monitor, at least) reminded me of my still-not-yet-completed Kepler. *sigh* It WILL get finished this year!
Glad to hear the studying is going well--and that you can knit at the same time! :)

11:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Laura, I didn't know you were in law school too! Damn! Knitting must be a blessing.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But if there's ever a slander case that gets thrown out because the only person to whom the accused ever said the slanderous things is the spouse, that means it's the spouse who must have turned him or her in! That marriage is in trouble.

Stockinette in the round is knitting's gift to busy distracted people, is it not? :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I am wearing my green trekking socks today! I love them, even though they completely do not match (one is much brighter than the other).
As soon as I read your blog title I got "She bangs" stuck in my head!
Glad to hear you're still alive somewhere under all that law stuff!

6:04 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I always find that I'm way more inspired to study when I'm knitting. Good luck!

6:55 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Keep studying! And Plymouth Encore is my favorite kid-yarn - nice to knit with, and easy to take care of.

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! i spy trekking 100 ... that was on my *wishlist* for christmas. it's still on my wishlist :(

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... that Trekking looks oddly familiar! (I'm knitting Jaywalkers with that right now!)

Don't study too hard. Knitting breaks are much needed and well deserved!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am loving those green sock yarns! yum!

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with the studying. how perfect that you can knit while studying--the best of all worlds!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's what's gonna happen: From now on, any time someone is doing some great thing like doing a green sock-along, instead of responding with "OH! I have to make that now! It's so great! Gosh!", I'm gonna go with "Green socks. I can see that." It seems blase, but this way I might actually be able to resist all the gloriousness that you are constantly throwing around. So, in that spirit:

Those green sock yarns are fantastic. I can see how you'd want to make some green socks.

Cheers!

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so in awe of your time management, you knit, study, look after your kids and blog! You are my idol. Best of luck.

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the studies Laura - I know what it's like (med school). I've also taught myself to knit and read. It makes things a little "calmer". x

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knit Pick's Essentials is what I'm making my green socks out of for the knitalong. It's turning out to be a great yarn and a lovely pair of socks! (They're the Embossed Leaves socks from IK).

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home