Thursday, April 26, 2007

Extremely Belated Harlotty Post


Here it is, the requisite photo of the Harlot, in her luminous Bohus, at a podium. As you might have guessed, this particular podium is in an eastern suburb of Cleveland and the photo is a few weeks old. This is basically the only photo I have of the august occassion, because I was suffering from camnesia. (Thanks, Margene, for introducing me to that very useful word!)

The parade of superlatives about Ms. Pearl-McPhee and her talk on Taking Knitters Seriously has been making the rounds of the blogs and the podcasts. Really, I can't add anything, except a very enthusiastic "What they said!" She was delightful and it was so much fun to be in such a big group of My People.

I saw many, many wonderful people that day, including Linda and Annie, Diana, Jeanne, Anne, Maureen, Debbie, and others whose names have sadly escaped the sieve that is my brain. A couple of people said they visited Affiknitty but were lurkers. Please, I beg you, speak up! I want to be able to talk to you!

But, now for the real purpose of this post ... to all you Cleveland-area knitters. Gail and Jacki from Cider Moon are having a trunk show this Saturday at Soft 'n Sassy in Broadview Heights. Is anyone else planning on going? Please email me or leave a comment! I would like to plan my visit to see as many of my fellow fiber-lovers as possible!

Also, thank you so much everyone for the nice comments about my embroidery projects. I think I'll not start Blue-Grey Girl again. It's just a learning project anyway and, as Asa said, I might feel better about it when it's done. I swear there will be knitting on this blog again!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger margene said...

The credit for camnesia belongs to Mamacate...it IS a very useful word!

10:38 AM  
Blogger PCR said...

When are we going to Soft n' Sassy?

11:59 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

HOLY CRAP a Cider Moon trunk show?? When are you guys going? I'd be happy to meet you there... and perhaps for lunch afterwards?

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chute, I'm sorry I'm nowhere near Cleveland... Have a good time.

Asaknitter
www.knittingnutter.com

2:57 PM  
Blogger Laura Sue said...

Since you wanted lurkers to speak up, here I am! You're on my feeds and I read you all the time. Couldn't believe you studied for the bar and have children and knitted. I'm in awe. I don't live anywhere near you, though!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Melinda said...

I'm all over the trunk show. . . what time?

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not going to be able to make the trunk show on Saturday, as I'm doing that House of Blues run that day, and Linda is out of town for the weekend, so she won't be there either. It was really great meeting you, (I don't know if you got my previous comment the day after), and we'd love to hook up with you sometime! Are you planning on going to the Great Lakes Fiberfest? Have fun at the trunk show!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Debbi said...

I'll be at SnS around 11:00
--Don't buy it all before I get there!
:)

8:27 AM  
Blogger Kelley said...

Just delurking to say "hi"! I read your blog all the time. I think it's great that you're experimenting with crochet. I'm a crocheter turned knitter (turns out I like knitting way better), but I still love to crochet on occasion. In fact, your post about ripples got me interested in crochet again, and I've joined the no end in sight ripple along and a granny along. There's some really gorgeous crochet (and of course some not so gorgeous) going on out there!

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live in No. Lower Michigan and got to see the Yarn Harlot, too, in Cleveland! (Long story... I was on my way to my folks in NE Ohio for Spring Break.) I was GLAD I didn't wait a day to see her in Ann Arbor! (Closer for me and I thought, perhaps, easier!) She was wonderful!

Love your web blog; I read it regularly. (Yes, I'm a lurker...since I'm blogless I generally don't comment.) Also love your clevelandinphotos site; makes me nostalgic for NE Ohio! It was just like being at home when I was down for Spring Break with the lake effect snow and all!

Thanks for the tip on Cider Moon. I have a friend west of Cleveland who'd like some OSU socks and they have the colorway. (I can get UM/MSU/CMU etc. colorways thru ThreadBear Fiber Arts in East Lansing, but no OSU. That's the funny thing: In Ohio, you can buy Michigan gear, but in Michigan you CANNOT buy anything OSU!)

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home