Monday, April 30, 2007

I'm a Cider Moon Groupie

I resisted the urge to call myself a Cider Moonie. The trunk show was fabulous! The place was packed! And there were a lot of people there, too!

Gail and Jacki (like most Ohioans, some of the nicest people EVER) took a lot of photos, which you can see here on their blog. Also Preeti has some great pictures of the event and the yarn. Me, I had camnesia. But I did manage to get a picture of everyone at lunch.

L to R: Jeanne, Deanna, me, Joyce, Preeti, Ludmilla, Carol, Debbi.

Here's what I walked away with!


One picture of each, and just because I am so in love with it, a close-up of Cherry on Top. Pink, cream and brown are very good. Aqua, cream and brown are very, very good. Pink AND aqua and cream and brown make me want to weep with happiness. I couldn't stand it. I had to cast it on.

But, wait! There's more Cider Moon goodness! An FO!

Pattern: Campfire Socks, available gratis on the Cider Moon website
Yarn: Glacier DK in Mardi Gras by, well, you know
Needles: 3.25mm circulars for Magic Loop
Thoughts: OK. I see the whole Mardi Gras gold-purple-green thing. But this yarn is So Much Prettier than the reality of the French Quarter on the day before Ash Wednesday. The green in particular is so deep and lovely, ranging from pine to the most beautiful olive. This is the softest, squishiest yarn ever. And I made the socks from way less than one skein ... see how much yarn was left? Yay!

It was so much fun to see everyone, and to meet Gail and Jacki. If you too love Cider Moon, you should visit and join the Flickr group! It's hosted by Katie, who has some seriously nice socks in the pool. Check it out!

******
A non sequitur by way of a query: Someone who has commented here recently posted instructions on how to do drop-down menus on your Blogger sidebar, and because I am clearly suffering from CRS* I don't know who! Can you identify yourself and remind me how to do it, please? I am eternally grateful.

* Can't Remember Shit.

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

Blogger Mama Urchin said...

A cider moonie? That has such possibilities for mis-interpretation.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Wow! Beautiful colorways. Definitely going to have to check them out. Looks like a nice group of knitters too.

6:21 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Soooo pretty.

6:52 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

PISTACHIO. Must have it. As for the drop-down menu, I don't know if it's her that you're thinking about, but Pamela Wynne of Flint Knits posted a lik to a tute for that not so long ago...

7:01 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

What a cute picture of you all! And I love the colors you got. I agree about the pink, cream, brown and blue together. Heaven! OK, your yarn names are making me hungry.

7:06 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

mmmmmm, pistachio! Re: drop down menu, that might have been me. I did post a tutorial. Let me know whether you find it useful. :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger Kate A. said...

You're making us all jealous again...yummy, yummy - I don't think it's a coincidence that the yarns so often have food names...they know we want to eat them.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Lola and Ava said...

I have business in Cleveland on Wed. I actually tired to move it closer to the trunk sale. I'm hoping that there's still some Icile or Flurry left.

7:12 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Awesome swag! thanks for the pattern link as well...

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, hey, the socks look great! That's actually the first ime we've seen Mardi Gras knit up in real sized socks (we knit a wee sock out of one, but that's been it. We have no time). It was really great to meet everyone. I wish we would have had a chance to talk longer, but it there was so much going on we couldn't focus on anything. Have fun with all the new yarn. :)

9:40 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

So much fun! Thanks again for organizing all of us!!!

9:55 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! Jealous, jealous, jealous, jealous!! :)

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohhhh, I just got some Cider Moon. It is to die for. Have you seen Jackie O? So pretty!

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home