Friday, April 20, 2007

In Love

Colors, from left: Istanbul, Chocolate Mousse, June Carter

I have found a yarn that joins Jessie's and Sundara's among my very favorite yarns. It's Cider Moon Glacier DK superwash merino. As I noted in my last post, I recently started a pair of socks in some of this delicious, dyed-here-in-Ohio yarn. I bought it at the Knitter's Mercantile, while I was in Columbus taking the bar exam. Finally, it found its way on my needles. I am besotted. So much so that I dashed off to their website, fortuitously soon after a shop update. I may have gone a little nuts.

This yarn is buttery soft and the colors are simply amazing. Plus, great customer service -- the shipping was very fast and they included four little yarn samples: three more Glacier colorways and one in Flurry, a fingering weight yarn. I am looking forward to trying some of their other yarn styles! As for those socks, I imagine you'll be seeing an FO post soon.

Link-o-Rama!

- More babies! Faith from The Knitting Cook has welcomed a little girl to her family! Yay!
- Lately, I've felt the desire to cast on some lace ... next new project! You too? Not into triangular shawls? Check out JennyRaye's fantastic compendium of rectangular shawl patterns, both for sale and gratis.
- From the Department of Very Extremely Beautiful Things, check out these socks!
- On a non-fibery note, Sister Diane recently posted about a cheery little vintage Betty Crocker cookbook she scored while thrifting. I have a SERIOUS weakness for these cookbooks and have a little collection of my own.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I just got some Glacier in the Grand Canyon colorway and was AMAZED at how soft it was! It's next in line after a couple WIPs.

There was a time when no one knew about STR... Get Cider Moon while you can. :)

4:15 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

What yummy yarn!

6:23 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Thanks for the yarn req, and I LOVE those Betty Crocker cook books...my Brownie troop toured the 'Betty Crocker Kitchens' back in the mid '70s and we all got a big red spoon!

6:30 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

All very lovely colors! I have the June Carter in the sock weight and need to find the "just right" pattern for it. Happy weekend!

6:45 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

I just found out about Cider Moon from Gretchen. Haven't used it, yet, but am in love with the colors!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I have a skein of Cider Moon too. It's just gorgeous stuff.

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is some great looking yarn. i especially love the one with the blues and purples.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

So pretty! When I saw it in my Flickr contacts last night I thought the middle yarn was my Hot Fudge Sundae!

8:45 AM  
Blogger YarnThing said...

Hey Chica! Totally love the new sock yarn! Very nice! In my opinion, you can never have enough!

Marly
knitthing.blogspot.com
knitthing.mypodcast.com

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home