Monday, May 28, 2007

A Very Happy Memorial Day

... and a great birthday dinner for an incredibly cool and fabulous Dad!

Menu
Relish Tray (green onions, pickles, radishes, olives)
Devilled Eggs
Grilled Ribeye Steaks
Steamed Broccoli with Garlic
Potato Salad
San Pellegrino Water

Then, a postprandial walk followed by
Fudge Pie and Coffee


My Grandma Chance's Fudge Pie (recipe courtesy of her friend Inda)

In a bowl, mix 1.5 cups sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, and 2 tablespoons flour. Then add half a cup of evaporated milk and 2 eggs. Mix. Melt half a stick (4 tablespoons) of butter and add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add to mixture.

Pour into unbaked 9-inch pie crust. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Especially delish with Cool Whip, or real whipped cream for you fancy types.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fudge pie...you are a knitter after my own heart!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Yummy! Fudge pie! Happy birthday to your dad as well.

9:13 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

A. I love the word postprandial

B. San Pellegrino is the most refreshing drink EVER!

Glad you had fun...

10:01 PM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

happy bday to your dad! is this our first glimpse of your hubby, too?

dinner sounds great!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Fudge pie - I must try it! I hope you had a great memorial day - we had no holiday today, just a plain work day. (We have a holiday coming up next week, June 6 - our July 4...)
Cat

2:21 AM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Yummy looking pie. Thanks for sharing!

6:01 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yummy!! Happy birthday to your dad.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Gena said...

Sounds like the most delicious dinner! Thanks for sharing your recipe, I'll definately be making that this weekend!

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sounds DELISH, and of course i'll have to try a recipe that is chocolate and by a Nancy...

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yum!

4:02 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Ooh, happy birthday to your dad for yesterday! And happy late memorial day too!

Yum. That menu includes almost all my favourite things... almost makes me feel like it's my birthday :)

4:12 PM  
Blogger JenW!~ said...

Oh sounds yummy. I have a family reunuion coming up and the would be great to take.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Kate A. said...

ooh, ooh, ooh! Thanks for the recipe! This is getting bookmarked...

10:04 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

Mmmmm..I may have to make that pie tonight. I love fudge. i like pie. I'm a little intrigued by what it'll taste like. I thank you, but my Weight Watchers Points limit does not. I'll be off the scale for sure now!

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am making that fudge pie tonight after work! Happy belated b-day to your Dad!

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made the pie this weekend. There are pictures of the pie on my blog. So yummy! Thanks

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home