Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And Even More Crochet!

Clearly, I cannot get enough of crocheting round things.

Pattern: Little Bowls, from the Crochet to Go deck
Fiber: Sugar n' Cream cotton for the one on the left, 3 ply jute garden twine for the one on the right
Hooks: Size F for the cotton bowl, size G for the jute bowl

The key with these little bowls is very tight gauge. The cotton bowl really needed a smaller hook. The jute one turned out to be pretty sturdy. Granted, it wasn't exactly a relaxing crafting experience, but it was fun in its way. The jute would make nice coasters, too.

I also finished up another crochet project, which is blocking.

More details later, but for now I will only say that it's part of my devious plot to convince Ashley to start crocheting.

You all had some great ideas for the crocheted circles from yesterday. Kim probably wins the prize for "most unlikely" with bikini top and knee pads. I really liked Stephanie's idea to seam them together and stiffen them with cork between the layers. This would have the added benefit of allowing them to be used as hot pads. For now, the circles will remain one of those "enjoy the process" projects.

Link-o-Rama!
* I am really enjoying seeing all the book recommendations on Minty's and Lolly's blogs. My to-read pile is going to be totteringly tall!
* Speaking of books, I am practically biting my nails waiting for my pre-ordered copy of Amy Karol's book, Bend the Rules Sewing. (And the new Harry Potter, too, of course!) And Alicia Paulson announced on Posie Gets Cozy that she is working on a book, due to hit the shelves in fall 2008. ::swoon::
* Have you seen Scout's new colorways? Amazing!
* It must be summer, because I am itching to knit socks. Nona's astounding Sidewinders are about to be cast on, in spite of having three others on the needles. After seeing Sulafaye's finished ones, how could I resist?

By the way, I got my Ravelry invite last week. If you're there too, look for me! I chose the surprising name of "affiknitty."

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger pamela wynne said...

Love the little capelet! I can't wait for "Bend the Rules Sewing" either. :)

4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bikini top wouldn't be very practical or comfortable but I'm in a summer frame of mind. I too hear the siren song of the Sidewinders. Must print out that multi-part pattern though!

4:52 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

No! No! You can't make me! I will resist! I will be strong!

(...but I really want coasters.)

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you have to go and pick an obscure name like that? How will I ever think of a mnemonic to connect your Ravelry persona with your blog persona?

The crochet looks great -- and just what Ashley needs: another craft at which to excel!

8:51 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

lotsa crochet! i think i need to brush up on my skills...maybe a cloche? maybe coasters?

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your crochet looks amazing. i especially love the circles you are working on!
can't wait to see the project being blocked- it looks stunning! :0)

12:34 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hehehe, I was poking around on ravelry yesterday and I saw the picture of your bowls, and then I saw them here! A match! the bowls are very cute. My first attempt at crocheting a cirlce resulted in a beanie...

9:17 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

My reading list is growing too! I am glad you got some recommendations :)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Coleen said...

That jute bowl looks pretty cool. I haven't picked up a crochet hook in ages, but it seems like all the cool kids are hooking these days!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

That's a lot of crochet!
Looking great,
Happy knitting-
ali

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home