Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Falling in Love Again

... with Rib and Cables, and Cider Moon. I hope my sock pal loves them, too!

**********
Link-o-Rama!

* Cleveland-area crafters! Have you heard about Shannon Okey's craft studio Stitch Cleveland? It looks to be an awesome resource for every sort of fiber-y, fabric-y love. I signed up for the Katherine Shaughnessy crewel class on July 14th. Squee!
* How cute is this pencil case? You have to get excited about any tutorial that instructs you to use a hacksaw.
* Look at this GORGEOUS cotton that Yarnbee and her friend dyed with Rit Dye!
* Jen's Parade of Beautiful FO's continues with her cute Coachella.
* How could I be so late to the Craft Lit party? This podcast is so fantastic.
* Hungry for some authentic Tex-Mex and Southern fare? Or just want to look at pretty pictures of it? Pop over to Homesick Texan. Your cardiologist will thank me. Do not miss the post on cream gravy, food of the gods.

**********
Thanks, everyone, for the nice compliments on my yarn! I love me an afternoon of Kool-Aid dyeing. It's starting to become a nice little summer tradition!

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Olga said...

Yipee! Rib and Cables! Love them! Thanks for all those links, too...I almost didn't make it to the cream gravy post, because I was stopped dead in my tracks by the puffy taco post. oh, sweet jesus.

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Goodness. I love that yarn! I was just thinking about an hour ago that I needed to find a good deep black and red yarn. Should've known just where to go! It looks like a great pattern for it too. If no one's told you lately, you rock!!

Thanks for all the great links, too!

7:42 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

That Cider Moon sock is a real beaut! Sometimes pattern + yarn just works, doesn't it?!

7:43 PM  
Blogger Brandy said...

I did hear of Stitches Cleveland a while ago, but then forgot about it. I want to take some classes there, too! :)

The socks look great!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Fantastic socks! I'm sure they'll be loved. Great links too!

9:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sock. Excellent links too! Mmmmm taco.

10:28 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

thanks for linking, and yes, I too love all the skeins from your recent adventures in dyeing.

Also, what's this? A lot of crocheting going on, but apparently not sitting well with you. I'm just glad the crochet induced injury is better now. Also, I'm using your example for anyone trying to convince me to try to crochet more.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Wishful Knitting said...

Hey there- the socks look great. I think you did a FABULOUS job with the kool-aid- the yarn looks wonderful. I would buy those colors ; ) Thank you for the tip about Stitch Cleve- I hope it is still going strong by the time we move back to the Cleveland area.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your sock pal is bound to. They're lovely :)

3:48 PM  
Blogger clothesknit said...

i'd love to be your sock pal ;o) they look great!

4:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The socks look really pretty. Thanks for all the links.

5:46 PM  
Blogger knitannie said...

I am still resisting the sock knitting urge. My SP sent me some gorgeous sock yarn but it's not yet on the needles...
Kool aid dying rocks but how do you get it to be colour fast?

7:37 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the rib and cables!

Craft Lit is an awesome podcast.

10:10 PM  
Blogger janna said...

Thanks so much for the link to the Homesick Texan -- her latest post is about that San Antonio classic, the puffy taco. It looks like I'll be able to make my own now!

And the pink and green yarn -- it's beautiful!

11:22 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Great yarn -- lucky pal! And that puffy taco?? AMAZING.

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home