Monday, June 04, 2007

Swaps!

'Tis the season for swapping! I'm doing Sockapalooza 4 and am really excited about it. Summer is such a great time for sock knitting, so the timing is perfect. And the Knit Pligg is such a cool way to keep track of what everyone else is knitting. I really love the "random post" option.

I have my sock pal's information, and I am still in the planning phase. I need some guidance, though! My pal prefers cables or knit-and-purl patterns to lace and I think I can safely say that my color options are wide open. Should I make her...

...the Sundara Bird of Paradise socks (look at these lovelies by Amy of Two Sharp Sticks) ...

...or a pair of Rib and Cables (my favorite pattern, finished ones here and here)?

If I do the Rib and Cables, I am still undecided about yarn. I think I'll use some recently acquired Cider Moon: either Cherry Bomb or Asbury Park. What do you think?

In other swap news...

Late last week, I received my package from my Sound Swap pal ... Margene! I had to giggle when I saw the box sitting on my porch, because I had left a comment on her blog that I hoped she was making a mix for me! She sent the yummiest and prettiest mint meltaways, a very cute needle gauge (I can never find mine, so an extra is perfect!) and a fabulous music mix. I've been listening to it nonstop. Here's the awesome playlist!

1. "Fur Peace" -- Jorma Kaukonen
2. "Favorite" -- Neko Case
3. "Visions of Johanna" -- Bob Dylan
4. "Pocatello" -- Larry McMurtry
5. "River's Gonna Run" -- Sam Bush
6. "Love & Happiness for You" -- Emmylou Harris & Mark Knopfler (As a Dire Straits fan, I was excited to see this cut!)
7. "Latitude" -- Matt Flinner
8. "Walking the Dog" -- Dan Zanes
9. "Soul Kitchen" -- Patti Smith
10. "I Must Belong Somewhere" -- Bright Eyes
11. "V-Necked Sweater" -- Greyboy Allstars
12. "Up Against the Wall" -- Peter Bjorn & John
13. "Strange Fruit" -- India Arie
14. "5 Shots of Whiskey" -- Hank Williams III (Don't worry, Margene. I love me some twang from time to time. And who better than the Royal Family of Twang and Hard Livin'?)
15. "Ride the River" -- Eric Clapton & JJ Cale
16. "The Fox" -- Nickel Creek
17. "Come Home" -- Willie Nelson & Rickie Lee Jones

Thanks, Margene! I love it! And thank you as well to Jennie, for organizing such a great swap. I put my package in the mail on Friday and it should be arriving at its destination today or tomorrow. I hope my swapee likes it ... I think it's a good mix!

Labels: , ,

23 Comments:

Blogger Mama Urchin said...

The Fox is a favorite with my kids. Katrina always asks me, "Mommy why did the old woman say John, John?"

1:38 PM  
Blogger margene said...

My vote is Rib and Cables in Cherry Bomb!
Glad you like the mix! It was fun to do. I need to burn one for myself. I rather hoped you were my pal as I liked your musical 'strengths' ;-)

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for Rib and Cables in Cherry Bomb too!

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to vote for the Rib and Cable socks using Cherry Bomb before I even read the other comments!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Rib & Cables are my favorites, too! And you know I love the reds, but there's something about that Asbury Park colorway that makes me want to inhale it.

That mix looks super awesome! You would probably hate the mix that I would put together...Justin Timberlake, Rihanna, Beyonce, Christina Aguilera! hee hee.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I vote for the Rib and Cables in Cherry Bomb. That will be gorgeous!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Rib and Cables pattern - Cherry Bomb looks made for it!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

The Rib and Cables are so great - Cherry Bomb! what a great package from M!!

3:34 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Oh, what a great mix! ANd add one more vote for Rib and Cables in cherry bomb. :)

3:40 PM  
Blogger Yarnhog said...

I may be the lone dissenter, but I'd love those rib and cables in Asbury Park. That color combination just screams Summer to me.

4:11 PM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

i vote cables and ribs with cherry bomb :)

7:41 PM  
Blogger Alotta.knittin said...

Birds of paradise in Asbury Park, definitely!!

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally freaking out because I mailed my Soundswap package on the 22nd of May and it hasn't been blogged yet, so I don't even know if it's been received! And I still haven't gotten mine, though I obsessively check my box. Don't tell me my first swap has gone awry! Or maybe you're my swapee in which case I'll get it soon . . .

Love the mix! I'm going to have to investigate some of those songs that are unfamiliar to me.

10:29 PM  
Blogger s b said...

Asbury park...definitely asbury park! :) I like both patterns...if Rib & cables is your favorite pattern, then you probably knit it well and I'm guessing it flies by...those are good traits for a swap sock pattern!

12:43 AM  
Blogger Gena said...

Rib and Cables is my vote, in Cherry Bomb! The mix sounds awesome! I really like alot of those artists myself.

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ribs & Cables in Asbury Park--I agree those colors look like summer, and I think they would look great with jeans (which I wear 90% of the time, so I'm always thinking that way!)

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the Mix CD, 70s soft rock CD, tea & biscotti. I love love love the mix CD and have listened to about 1/2 of it so far. It is perfect! I can't tell you how awesome it is! Drank some of the tea and ate some biscotti last night. YUM! I also vote for Rib and Cables but in Asbury Park (as a Jersey Girl it's the obvious choice). Thanks again!

9:52 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I like the rib and cables, and if you don't mind another suggestion in the mix, I love the beaded rib pattern in sensational socks, too. Good luck! It sounds like your sock pal's socks are going to be special no matter what.

10:04 AM  
Blogger LaVerna said...

Rib and cables in Asbury Park.One of my favorite color combos.They would be gorgeous!

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely go with Rib and Cables! What a great package you received!

9:36 PM  
Blogger Emma said...

Ooh, I love that Asbury Park. I would definitely cast my vote for that.

9:36 PM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Oh, I have to vote for the Rib & Cables in Asbury Park. I'm quite partial to those colors, lately, and I loooove the rib & cable pattern. What a perfect combo. Maybe I should start some of my own . . . . Heh. :)

1:49 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

I'm just jealous that Margene got to spoil you!!

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home