Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Timeline of an Injury

2:14 pm: "Yay! A crocheted jute bowl! My hands are a little tired, but that was pretty easy."
4:38 pm: "Hmmm. What's that tingling?"
6:20 pm: "Ok, so my right hand is a little sore."
7:51 pm: (picking up Sockapalooza sock) "Ouch. Maybe I'll read."

Next day, 8:23 am: "(whimper)"

How 'bout some Flickr favorites? Can you tell I am having a little infatuation with turquoise and pink?


1. Wendetasche aussen, 2. spring palette..., 3. koigu gelato., 4. gnome, 5. Climbing vine Messenger, 6. Embroidered tea cozy, 7. virgen de guadalupe, 8. girlfriends skirt, 9. fabricbuttons, 10. over, 11. DSC00672, 12. AB apron 2, 13. Talk to Strangers, 14. Koigu Bits, 15. Vintage children's sewing machine, 16. more new fabrics, 17. Blue Doorway, Lyme Regis, 18. pinkpopsicle, 19. thrift score: metal kitchen, 20. turquoise and pink, 21. rosa hyllan, 22. Pink & Turquoise, 23. vintage hot pink, turquoise and green piggy bank, 24. wip -- giant granny, 25. My hutch, 26. the first signs of summer...., 27. Peaks & Valleys, 28. Old Schoolhouse/Church/Masonic Hall, 29. Little Birdie Bookmark, 30. blueberry ice cream handspun, 31. Vintage Pillowcases, 32. Steam Rising, 33. Buttons (May 15), 34. purple obsession, 35. what do you mean no javelins?!, 36. peonies

Labels:

14 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, your poor hand! Rest up.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jute is basically rope isn't it? Ouch. Those pictures are just awesome! I love old turquoise and vintage pink. Excellent!

9:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you take it easy on your hands! they need to serve you for a long time yet.
cute little pics - love the vintage things!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Gena said...

Oh, I love turquoise and pink! Such a pretty combination. Rest your hand - I'm sure you'll be back in action soon enough!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Sonya said...

Take care of those hands! Enforced rest is no fun though.

10:53 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Love your retro gal tastes...and that no javelin sign is priceless

10:58 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

crochet hurts my hands too so don't over do it.

1:58 PM  
Blogger allie said...

Sorry about your hand, crochet does that sometimes. Take a well-deserved book break. I love the turquoise and pink, they're really the colors of summer.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Laura. I hope you're feeling better now. Perhaps you should sew a bit... :)

I love your selection of faves - thanks for including my photo. x

5:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your had! You need some rest. Thanskf ro the flickr favourites - lovely.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Kate A. said...

*whimper*?? Oh noooo....

Rest up! Massage!

11:27 PM  
Blogger knittingphilistine said...

Okay, I was already suspicious of crochet, but now that I know it causes injury, I am just baffled by it!

Love the summery collage!

9:04 AM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

aw, take care! I say do some of your cute embroidery until it heals. Great mosaic! xo

11:38 AM  
Blogger Ackery said...

Oh...ow! The bowls are beautiful, but perhaps you should work on something soft and cuddly now. Didn't someone come out with aromatherapy or lotion-infused yarn recently? I swear I heard that -- you definitely deserve some!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home