Monday, July 23, 2007

Explain the Silence

Hi everyone! Sorry for the extended silence, there. The confluence of many things going on Chez Affiknitty (including, but not limited to, out-of-town guests and Potter Day) has sapped my time for blogging, and even knitting, much. And sewing? Forget it.

I still intend to do the podcast/music/reading/Etsy seller recommendation roundups, but it may take a little time. In the meanwhile, I thought you might like to see pretty pictures of the yarn that the contest winners chose! Because we all love pretty pictures of yarn!

Heather from The A.D.D. Knitter chose Peas and Carrots.

And Karen from Yearns for Yarn chose Istanbul. (I have some of this myself.) I should not leave you with the impression that my photography skills have radically improved; these pictures are Gail and Jacki's and they are used with permission.

If you're still visiting here, thanks for hanging in with me through the unexplained absences. Hopefully soon, there will be finished socks and lots of links!

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Cat said...

Ooo, Peas and Carrots colour is amazing!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Ooh, hello pretty yarny friends!

And really, like anyone's absence over Potter Day needs explaining. You could have heard a pin drop in the blogosphere all weekend.

2:12 PM  
Blogger jessica said...

ohhh ahhhh.

What yummy yarn!

3:02 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

such pretty yarns!! I love peas and carrots, especially. Can't wait to see the roundup post. :)

3:18 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

This summer is just too crazy, that's all.

3:34 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Thanks again Laura, Peas and Carrots is my new best friend!;)

3:36 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Lovely yarn!

I TOTALLY forgive you for your absence...mine was far longer than yours! :)

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how yarn-licious!

7:39 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I lurve that peas and carrots colorway!

11:43 AM  
Blogger Dr. B. said...

Hooray for breaking the silence! It's understandable, what with the world seemingly spinning on its axis much more quickly, making time fly like crazy. Weeks feel like minutes, seems like, right?

Welcome back. You were certainly missed. Those are some pretty, pretty yarns!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

I got my yarn and it is wonderful! Thank you so much! I can't wait to knit with it.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home