Monday, August 13, 2007

See? An FO!

Now this one is really sad. It sat around for two months, needing only one button.

Pattern: Chanson en Crochet by Mari Lynn Patrick (in Wrap Style)
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Wool in Oyster, about 5 balls
Hook: Size G Boye aluminum crochet hook

This could use another block, now that I look at it.

Anyway, I was inspired to make this wrap when I saw this lovely one by Pimpampum. Chanson is a fun pattern to work, because you're constantly changing the stitch. Those flowers made me a little crazy, but I think they turned out all right. I can see getting a lot of use out of this, too. Yay for finished!

**********

And now, for something completely different ... music! You may have noticed the cool widget on my sidebar with the changing album covers. This is courtesy of my latest obsession, Last.fm. (Thanks, Sandra, for introducing me!) In a nutshell, Last.fm is internet radio and also like Ravelry for music geeks. Nice.

It has all these cool tools that keep track of what you're listening to, make recommendations, tell you about other users that share your taste, tell you what your friends are listening to, etc. etc. Here's my chart of top artists for the past week.



And a word (or two or two hundred) about Sea Wolf. Preeti and I saw them open last week for Silversun Pickups. Both bands were unbelievably fantastic. But I am developing a possibly unhealthy obsession with Sea Wolf. Think indie-rock with folk influences and a cello. Also, think very dreamy lead singer (Alex Church, formerly of one of my favoritest indie pop bands, Irving). Good stuff, people. Check it out.

Labels: ,

21 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Lovely capelet!

Also, I never got around to commenting on your last post, but I think your plan sounds great. I look forward to seeing your FOs.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful!

9:11 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Gorgeous capelet!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Melinda said...

Oh, I love it! What do you think of the new Amy Winehouse?

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous! I've got to check out Sea Wolf. I'm a sucker for a band with a violin or cello.

9:52 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Lovely FO as always...so jealous of your ac/cd knitting/crocheting abilities!

Thanks for the Sea Wolf rec--at first when I read that I understood 'Sea Wool', which I have an unhealthy obsession with!!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Mama Urchin said...

Hmm, an FO and a music recommendation, what a wonderful post!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Ashley said...

Love it, love it. So sweet and 40s. Great first foray into the UFO list!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Yaya said...

Hi, I think I might have delurked once before, but either way hello again!

I just recently heard Silverspun Pickups and really like their song "Lazy Eye" I think I'll have to check out Sea Wolf next!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Dr. B. said...

It's so great that you can make such a beautiful item and then have a life where it will get a lot of use. Good one, you!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I missed your last post until now, so let me just say congratulations on such an immediately-fruitful UFO binge! That cape is to-the-minute and lovely.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Princessdeia said...

The capelet is fabulous!

11:52 AM  
Blogger Olga said...

wow! super impressed with your crocheting skills, missy! i'm still stuck on the granny square.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My goodness, I didn't even have time to comment on the inspiration of your resolution & you're already cranking out the beauties!

3:45 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

Oh, man, I sorta want to crochet now.

5:55 PM  
Blogger --Deb said...

It looks beautiful--and eminently wearable, which is never a bad thing!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, you are looking so skinny!! That capelet is totally hot--I never thought I would type such a phrase.

9:54 PM  
Blogger S said...

Hi, just wanted to let you know that the Sockapalooza socks have arrived and I love them. There's a (rather spazzy) post over on my blog, more specifically here.

10:04 AM  
Blogger knittin gin said...

Very attractive capelet!

Thanks so much for the link to Sea Wolf! I gave them a listen and I really like. I checked their touring schedule and they'll be playing near me at the end of October. Thanks for the recommendaton!

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh, gorgeous wrap!! Great job! You're so tempting me to try it, too -- more wips ;o)

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a bit late to this post, but yay Regina Spektor and Madeleine Peyroux! And it's funny you mention Sea Wolf, because I'm just about to seek out more stuff from them, as I've liked everything by them I've heard on the radio.

And very pretty crochet, too!

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home