Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Sockapalootza!

My Sockapalooza box arrived today! My pal, who completely and totally spoiled me rotten, was Tania of knit1frog2.

Holy guacamole, people, look at the goodies!

Lovely sock yarn! Boatloads of Japanese treats (and my current favorite chocolate bar, how did she know)! The Post-It notes are so cute and perfect. Lately, for some reason, I've been obsessed with bird prints and bird motifs. For example, I just bought some of this Joel Dewberry fabric. If I didn't know better, I'd think that Tania had telepathic ability or some kind of direct line into my brain.

But, I know, you want to see the socks. How incredibly perfect are these?

They are Diagonal Rib Socks from Interweave Knits in Socks That Rock in Nodding Violets. So beautiful, that's all I can say. Tania did an amazing job knitting these ... just gorgeous work.

Coincidentally, the June Carter Swirl socks arrived at their destination today as well. I was thrilled to learn that my pal, Sarianna of May Contain Traces of Knits, likes them. Yay for swaps!

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, they look so happy on your feet! I'm really glad (and relieved) that they fit!!! And I hope you didn't mind the shortrow toes...it was a pleasure knitting the socks for you--I'm really happy that you like them...

Is that one of your children in the background inching towards the candies? ^_~

7:37 PM  
Blogger Mama Urchin said...

Hooray for swaps is right!

8:41 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I'm considering that Dewberry fabric for a valance in my dining room. What do you think? Is it the right weight for an upholstered cornice?

9:08 PM  
Blogger peaknits said...

That is a haul of loot indeed! Excellent swap! I have that fabric dog-eared in my most recent Hancock's catalog - fun!

9:44 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You little scamp, you got Pocky in the mail! How funny, today I just noticed that our local grocery store has them and felt incredibly special and lucky....it's the little things!

Love your socks, so lovely.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

She could have left the socks out and that would still be the best package ever!

11:20 PM  
Blogger Princessdeia said...

A parcel full of Pocky - is there anything better - it looks like you have some interesting flavours

6:01 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

what a great pal you had! look at all that stuff! the socks are so pretty - I have to get around to do that pattern one of these days!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You are sooo lucky! I love the socks...great pattern.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What lovely socks and fantastic package!

9:23 AM  
Blogger melissa said...

those chocolate covered gummies are my favorite thing ever to get at the asian supermarket. looks like you got lots of nice goodies!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Dr. B. said...

Jeez! That is one generous and thoughtful lady right there. Beautiful socks! Lucky you!!

1:19 PM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Yeah for swaps!!!

Love the diagonal ribs... I think I need to just give in and order that book.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

What a great haul, lucky you!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Swaps are great! A really nice package!

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home