Saturday, October 13, 2007

Baseball Game? What Baseball Game?

I am not talking about last night's game. I am moving forward. I am thinking happy thoughts. Here are some things that are making me happy.

1. A friend gave me a copy of Andrew Bird's CD Armchair Apocrypha and I love it so much I cannot stand it. Here is the video for the song "Imitosis", which is fantastic but not even my favorite cut on the album.



2. I can tell that I am entering the sentimental stage of the PMS cycle when I start to get choked up by what other people are buying at the supermarket. Today, a woman who was easily in her eighties was ahead of me in line. She was wearing clamdiggers and socks and her hair was dyed that shade of orangey-red that just screams "chemically altered!" Here's a partial list of what she was buying. Hot dogs and buns. Potato chips. Jujubes. Approximately three-quarters of a cup of chicken salad from the deli. Klondike bars. Lean Cuisine French bread pizzas. There was something about her groceries that made me both happy and a little sad at the same time.

3. Naturally, I am elated about the new Radiohead album. It is so very amazing.

4. This news makes me very happy. I like to see people bounce back from adversity. Mr. Vice President, you were meant for way bigger things than the Oval Office. Like saving the planet.

5. It is finally fall! It has actually been chilly, especially in the mornings! I've been wishing I had my very own pair of lovely fingerless gloves. So, last night, I started these.

The pattern, as you might recognize, is Dashing. I plan to finish the pair tonight. Being a little superstitious, I may avoid all Sox on game days.

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Very nice mitts!

Sorry about the game. :-(

6:00 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, there is something about that grocery list that is heartbreaking.

And I am loving the new Radiohead album as well as the 'stickin' it to the man' purchasing aspect of it!!

7:46 PM  
Blogger Marin (AntiM) said...

I was cheering for your beloved Tribe last night. Just so's you know.

9:36 PM  
Blogger margene said...

Right now it's tied 6-6...you must be bitting your nails! I'm a Rockies fan first and so far so good ;-)

11:08 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Woo-hoo what an awesome game last night!!!!

8:23 AM  
Blogger KODACHROME said...

You must be feeling better today :) and your one glove, is, well of course, it's dashing.

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy thoughts like last night's game??? Yay!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Acornbud said...

Great looking mitts. Thanks for sharing the music, too!

12:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just linked to Dashing this morning, thinking that I need some for myself and that, if they're anything like Fetching, I could knit them as gifts for about 20 people in a week!

Yours looks great.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Olga said...

LOL! That grocery list bears a striking resemblance to my own grocery purchases, at times. I think it's great...clearly, she's eating exactly what she wants and likes. I was eating out of the ice cream container the other night and thinking kind of the same thing--this could be considered sad singleton behavior, but it's also incredibly liberating that I don't have to worry about anyone else being grossed out. :-)

Wish I needed some Dashings! Maybe in a month or two.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...
I have never met anyone else who liked or had even heard of Andrew Bird (other than the person who introduced me to him 5 years ago!)
Thanks for the vid. I'll have to get the album!

7:36 AM  
Blogger teesagypsy said...

I hear you, you are not alone on the superstitious thing. I was going to start working on DH's afghan until I realized what the colors were ... it can hibernate a bit longer. Scarves and dishcloths in noncontroversial colors it is! :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

We came home with the split!!! Go Tribe! Tonight is going to be awesome. And good call on not knitting SOX...

Al Gore is a rockstar.

12:10 PM  
Blogger polystyrene said...

Thank you for the link to the Andrew Bird video. It changed me from a seething ball of stress to a slightly more grounded ball of stress. Lovely mittens, too!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

I'd love to know what you think of the cabling on Dashing. I love that big, fat double cross cable, but the "X" cable looks unfinished to me. It didn't stop me from making them, and I think they are cool as hell, but...something just didn't satisfy me.

Loved the tune.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Persnickety Knitter said...

I really liked that song. I'll have to check out that album. Thanks for sharing.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home