Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Dashing Are Done

Because I am a Cleveland sports fan, I am going to limit my comments on last night's game to a muted "Yay!" Certainly, no predictions are to be found here. Ellen, if I tell you what kind of sock yarn I want, I might as well hand the Pennant to Terry Francona myself. Yes, we're a superstitious and pessimistic lot, we Cleveland sports fans. Far, far too many times have we seen our teams snatch defeat from the jaws of victory to start gloating now.

I will add that victory last night was practically assured, since both Jeanne and I have forsworn all Sox-knitting on game days.

So, instead, an FO.

Pattern: Dashing by Cheryl Niamath, size Smaller
Yarn: Less than one skein of Cascade 220 Heathers, color number 4011
Needles: 3.75mm Inox 40-inch circulars for Magic Loop
Modifications: I knit only 15 rounds between the last cable round and the thumb opening and only 15 rounds between the thumb opening and the bind-off.

I love this pattern. I loved Fetching, but I love Dashing ever so much more. Now all I need is a Gretel to go with them. Hats are definitely ALCS-approved knitting.

Labels: ,

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I greatly appreciate the sacrifice you are making for the Tribe. If you aren't team VIP, I don't know who is (but there are a few contenders--Peralta, Lofton...).

The Dashings are darling, and I can't wait to see a Gretel too!

8:18 PM  
Blogger Adrienne said...

Love your Dashings!!!

8:34 PM  
Blogger Ashley said...

just so ya know, I'll be knitting socks on Thursday night :)

9:05 PM  
Blogger Kate Jackson said...

Those dashings are dashing! I also LOVE the gretel hat. Will it be the same yarn?

9:07 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Very nice! I'm going to start a pair of these this week for a friend!

9:36 AM  
Blogger knitography said...

Nice! I have a leftover skein of Cascade 220 that I just might have to turn into these. Good luck tonight!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Sourire11 said...

Great Dashings!

Yeah this no sock knitting thing has really upped my quantity of finished projects. I've finished 2 scarves and have made more progreses on my husband's sweater than I did in months. Let's hope it keeps working for us.

It feels like the whole city is holding their breath today.

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

They look so cozy and warm!

12:11 PM  
Blogger ofpinsandneedles said...

Lovely wristwarmers (fingerless gloves?), great photo. I wish you well to wear them xx

5:58 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I will be knitting socks tonight, but may the best team win.

[whispers] go sox

6:30 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

I'm also boycotting the sock knitting this week. I am al ittle worried though about tonight. My ALCS knitting has been my Secret of the Stole, and I'm done with it until the next clue comes tomorrow. Normally that wouldn't be worrisome - but the only game that I knit something else - was game 1. And being a devout Indians fan... I'm a teensy bit worried. If things start to go downhill, I may have to rip back a couple rows and re-knit.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Dr. B. said...

Yummy!! Those look so very cozy. Dashing is now back on my list of things to make, because yours are really lovely. Thanks!!

12:48 PM  
Blogger Liz K. said...

We Phillies fans knew that as soon as we won the NL East and the players started talking about going to the World Series, that was it. It was jinxed.

Better luck to the Indians.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely fingerless gloves! We'll talk about that sock yarn later...

7:12 PM  
Blogger Marin (AntiM) said...

OK... I appreciate the position I'm asking to put you in, but could you please no sox for the next few days?

I'd be forever grateful.

GO ROCKIES!

XOXO

4:22 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

Perfect! Your first Dashing looked so cozy that I bought some Malabrigo to finally make some of my own. The pair is even better. Love.

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look cozy and soft! As always, I'm inspired.
Tricia

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home