Friday, October 12, 2007

I'll Take That Bet

It's almost game time, folks. My Tribe are taking on the Bosox for the American League Pennant. As if I weren't already emotionally invested enough in the outcome of this series, now I have sock yarn riding on the outcome.

Ellen, being the ultimate good sport, is participating in this little friendly bet without a comparable level of enthusiasm for the Sox. I thought about giving away her favorite team with a link, but she lives in Boston, and I don't want anything bad to happen to her.

Gotta go get my plain vanilla knitting and a Stella. It's time to play ball.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In real time here: Boston 7, Cleveland 1. What the...?

I honestly don't know whether to laugh...or cry...

8:59 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

All I can say is, "Seven game series."

9:15 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I'm rooting for you! And that Stella sounds mighty refreshing...

10:51 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Oh... I'm a Sox fan! It's all that more exciting with sock yarn on the line!!

11:01 PM  
Blogger Cat said...

Yay, there is nothing better than watching a good game of ball - in my case the soccer ball- and knit. My boys are playing tonight!

2:50 AM  
Blogger KODACHROME said...

Oh what a fun bet you two came up with!

I wish I were involved in such a bet but let's see...why can't I play along? Oh right. My team is the Detroit Tigers and *AHEM*, *COUGH*, we all know they've hung up their gloves for the year because, um, I don't know, oh right, because Cleveland booted their asses! *ARGH CLEVELAND*

Ah, just joking about--but man was I disappointed when the Tigers fell behind and the Indians just kept on a'winning-- But hey, as your tag says, "Knitters Are The Nicest People," so I will offer you my sincere regrets about last night's game, and hope, as you say, that it'll be a seven-game series. Enjoy the games!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Go Tribe! It will be okay, we have one more game in Boston, then three at home...and that is a beauteous thing! We only have to win four!

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Ethan Wilcox said...

Thank you ffor sharing

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home