Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Beret, Nearly

I hope all of you in the States had as nice a Thanksgiving as I did. On Wednesday, it was 60 degrees Fahrenheit here in Cleveland. On Thursday, we had lovely and festive snow. Yay! My sister and her boyfriend were here from St. Paul and my aunt Becky came for the day from Akron. We had a great day, watching football, eating a ton, and playing a new game, Bananagrams. It's like a fast and loose version of Scrabble. Very fun.

And here is my holiday weekend knitting, blocking on a dinner plate. With this cold weather arriving, I realized that I need a hat. I wanted something relatively simple, so that I could knit while chatting with my visitors. I chose Tweed Beret (here's the Ravelry link), from the Winter 2006 Interweave Knits. The yarn is more of the Cascade 220 that I also used for my Dashing mitts. I just finished it up; it's a great quick pattern.

Because I am a relaxed knitter, I used smaller needles than the pattern called for. Unfortunately, as a result, my hat is a little more cloche-like than beret-like. Hopefully, the blocking will give it a little more slouch. If not, it still looks cute. And I can always knit another!

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Glad you had a great holiday, LOVE your tam!!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

What a lovely tam! I'm glad you had a nice Thanksgiving.

7:29 PM  
Blogger sophanne said...

That's a beautimous hat. And thanks for the idea of blocking on a dinner plate. I'm working on a tam for husband and wondered how I might block it.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I was JUST thinking that I need to get a little bit more upscale than the 2x2 rib beanie I wear, and you've already done it! Hope you get the desired amount of slouch. ;)

8:03 PM  
Blogger Phlel said...

Cute as anything! And love the grey too. Only thing to make it better would be if it were Cider Moon yarn. Sigh, the website and blog are now gone. I guess they are done forever. So sad.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find it's always easier to block bigger than smaller, so I hope you have some luck getting a little more slouch. Either way, it would be nice to see it modeled. It looks so cute!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Faith said...

Grey is totally the new black. I like this a lot! Totally linking, not even asking your permission. Ohhhh!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

That beret looks just lovely- kinda makes me want to knit one...
Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!
Happy knitting-
ali

7:13 PM  
Blogger jessie said...

It loos beautiful. Just block the crap out of it.

7:15 AM  
Blogger elle kasey said...

I love the way the beret slash cloche swirls around. Whatever form it takes it's going to be very cool.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home